Internet connection goes in and out, as well as the TV HD and On Demand freezes and pixulates.
FedUp123

I have been having internet and TV issues with my Fios service since June of this year. We have been trouble shooting this issue with multiple phone agents and over 7 technicians for the past 2 months. I understand that the TV's HD and On Demand is going to freeze  and pixulate because it is streaming from the router, which is losing connection or data is being lost.

The technicians have replaced  my DVR box 3 times, the router 3 times, the ONT box outside of my house 2 times, changed all of my splitters and the issue still persists. Two weeks ago the last technician double checked everything that the previous technicians have worked on and tested the fiber optic cable running from the hub to my house and that tested fine. So, he pretty much said he isolated the issue to be a bad PON card at my regional office. They replace it and then I have good service again for just a week. 

I believe or if I'm not mistaken it isn't a hardware issue. I called a couple of days ago to another tech. agent and he said to port forward all of my game consoles, which didn't make any sense cause I have been playing the same games for 6 months without being blocked by any firewalls and I have all of them connected to the router with the ethernet cables. So, I did it anyways and nothing happened. I still have the same issue.

Can anyone please help me figure this out because I can not deal going through another agent or technician to find out their telling me the same thing over and over again? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet connection goes in and out, as well as the TV HD and On Demand freezes and pixulates.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Did the supervisor who told you this find out what equipment all 3 of you have in common. Are you on the same PON card, aerial terminal or splitter?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Internet connection goes in and out, as well as the TV HD and On Demand freezes and pixulates.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
My first instinct would be that you have a bad coax somewhere. Also the MOCA speeds need to be above 180Mbps on every set top box.
0 Likes
FedUp123

A tech. supervisor contacted me yesterday and told me that two other people in my area were having the same issues as I am. He said that we all have had all of our equipment  replaced at least twice and have been expericeing the issue around the same time. So, after two months of calling for tech. support and having several technicans come out he like the last technician said they have finally pin pointed the problem. He told me that a group will be working from behind the scenes trying to correct the issue, because after they replace the PON card something else went wrong and they were going to trouble shoot it over night.

Today, I am at work and have not checked my TV or internet to see if the issue was corrected. I will give an update on the forum if the issue was resolved or not.

0 Likes
FedUp123

Service still down... he equipment set up for my location and still can not locate the problem.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Did the supervisor who told you this find out what equipment all 3 of you have in common. Are you on the same PON card, aerial terminal or splitter?
0 Likes
FedUp123
I don't know what they did behind the scenes, because the supervisor that contacted me never called back to confirm that my service should be up and running. So, finally after 2 1/2 months of downed service with my TV and internet finally works.
0 Likes
Re: Internet connection goes in and out!!!!!
1internet-hater

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who's internet works when it wants to.

I have been a customer for at least 5 years now. I moved into my apt. in April. Since I have moved in I have had nothing but trouble with the internet. It has not stay on a full day since April.   I have called, trouble shot on the phone with so many different serv. rep's that it's not funny.

I have had 4 different technicians out to "check the problem".   And even got verizon to send me a new modem because the one that I had was out dated.  The internet may work 4 hours out of any given day of the week. I was told that the problem was reported to "the main office" but still nothing.

I am not computer igornant & knowing how to reset the modem and unplug the internet is not hard.   BUT...   what do you have to do to get the internet service that your paying for from Verizon???

Even the last tech that was out seen how it goes off and on when it feel good and ready.

Can someone on here help me before I just suspend the service all together and move on to comcast or dial up??

0 Likes