Re: Internet connections randomly goes out
Hildy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried the above at lunch today, had a nice 20min lag spike free gaming session on LIVE. Had to refresh a few times before I got a new IP, but with luck on my side, I should have a fun evening 'stress testing.' I'll be recording my IP whenever I have an issue so I can report it. But if any of you are still having an issue, try the solution I linked to above.

0 Likes
Hildy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been lag free all afternoon. The solution works.

0 Likes
milhaus_vz
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for working with us.  Once the ONT was rebooted the services came back up.  Please continue to use our online support options for any further questions or issue you have.

-- Mike M

0 Likes
mim3978

we've been having the same problem,  where do we go now. i've been trying everything to no avail--it's very frustrating!

is this what we 're to expect from verizon? [fios]

0 Likes
Hildy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well my problems persist with services like LIVE. Verizon support informed me it was not on their end (never is, is it...) and so I went to MS. They went through configuration after confiuration and still the problems persist. The tech at my home said I was on a different switch than my neighbors whom I used their wireless just to see if they had the issue. They didn't. So this has to be the issue but I can't get a online tech to even understand what I am telling them. Very frustrating. Been 2 months now. I only use internet for gaming and streaming and its the two things I can't do now. May have to give comcast a call..

0 Likes
Hildy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no resolution. The IP release is a temp fix in some cases, but there doesn't seem to be a real reason. I've been in contact with MS since LIVE is what I use most, but I also see the drop with Google Hangouts (anything with streaming suffers if it isn't buffered).

I've replaced the ONT (Thank you Tech Gary)

Replaced the router/modem (Again, thanks Gary)

Tested the home network (Gary)

Contacted MS and done all their troubleshooting.

Tested different coax outlets around the house

Wired and Wireless to the console

Tried a different console

VZ still tells me it isn't on their end. I told the customer service rep it isn't just xbox LIVE, that just happens to be the service I use almost exclusivly. I'm at a loss...

0 Likes
MrWizzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to reply way after the fact but the fix to my issue was replacing the PON (pronounced pawn) card. Actually, it was either a replacement or they switched me to a diffrent one at the main terminal in my neighborhood. Kinda hard to explain because I'm not deep into the lingo but it was PON card related.

They really don't like doing anything with the PON card because it effects the entire neigborhood. I really had to push for it and thankfully the local supervisors and mutiple techs that have been to my home also went to bat for me. Kinda crazy how it took us two freakin' months collectively.

Just to recap, I had the following done:

- Three new routers
- Three ONTs
- Two battery back up units
- Coax cables replaced
- Splitters replaced

- Had the ONT grounded to a fixture on the side of my home

I bet this was very costly for Verizon and the fix was as simple as switching some card or wire that wasn't even in my home.

I'm not mad, just disapointed. But again, great techs and supervisors redeem Verizon and I will remain a coustomer.

Good luck to the rest of you!

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes