Internet connectivity
g00sefrabaaaa

My problem has been stemming since I had Fios installed this past March:

Intermittently, I lose internet connection.  It can happen a few times a month, multiple times a week, or even multiple times a day.  It can last anywhere from minutes to hours.  My router has the white globe indicator light to signify connectivity; when my connection is down it changes from blinking white to solid red.  I use the trouble shoot options through the app where the ONT is reset.  sometimes it's successful on the first try.  I normally have to reset the connection multiple times.  There's often times where it never works and I have to just wait for the connection to come back.

I had a service tech come out in April.  he couldn't diagnose the problem or find a solution.  he got on the phone with support and they said they've recently discovered an issue of an ONT firmware upgrade that causes the outages.  no timetable for the upgrade was given.  

June arrives and I'm still having the issue.  I call tech support and they were not aware of any firmware upgrade issue.  they couldn't diagnose the problem or find a solution either.  All they could do was bill me for days/hours of service missed.  

It's now July and last week I was losing connection every day for hours at a time.  I've tried trouble shooting it and saw a new option of checking the coax cable.  However, I don't have a coax cable connected to my router, only an ethernet cable.  

This has been getting extremly frustrating especially seeing as how my wife will be working from home soon and an internet connection is absolutely needed.  Can someone please help me or point me in the right direcion?

0 Likes
Re: Internet connectivity
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi g00sefrabaaaa,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes