Internet customer service number and hours
dhaussling

Anyone happen to have the phone number for Verizon Customer Service (Internet Services) and the hours?  

0 Likes
Re: Internet customer service number and hours
jonjones1
Legend

@dhaussling wrote:

Anyone happen to have the phone number for Verizon Customer Service (Internet Services) and the hours?  

1-800-VERIZON 

they are open 24/7 best time to reach an American customer service representative is between the hours of 8 am til 5 pm EDT

otherwise you get a Indian or other foreign language rep.

0 Likes
Angolaroad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Our FIOS Internet failed one evening about 8 wks ago. Resetting the router did not work. Some neighbors had no problems, other homes were also dead - the first longer FIOS outage since we got it many years ago. Finally, after the lenghty phone connection hassle - I got a service technician on the phone - she was wonderful, knowledgeable, polite and solved the problem. It took about 2 hours, she had to run numerous tests, disconnect my router and even phone line (called me back on our cell phone) - explained the tests she had to run, etc. - and then our service and that of neighbors worked again. She spoke excellent english - and worked from Manila in the Phillipines. Several newspapers I subscribe too also have excellent Customer Service based in Manila - never had a problem. Yes, some Indian agents are harder to understand - but these Manila people are great.

jonjones1
Legend

The premise is on the luck of the draw. The phone que determines where the after hour call is routed to. I can say the same when I called my credit card company one evening to get a chargeback started.

i had to call back in the morning after 8 am and it was a lady in Texas. The night before it was a Pakistani and it was totally useless. Finally hung up.

in the Fios customer service phone que I did not get anyone in the Philippines and it was another thick accent call center. I cannot stress that American companies should not be offshoring to save a few dollars at the cost of terrible customer service.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

We the customers are pushing for service to be cheaper and cheaper.

Service providers have little control over content costs.

So they have to look at things like labor costs.

Both in pay to employees and the number of them available.

Why else would there be the automated troubleshooting prior to talking to a person.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The problem is most major corporations find it cheaper to go by a tech service company with a cheap contract or per call rate.

My brother in law has a large company located in Texas that handles tech support for different companies and products. He is not an off shore company, he employs over 500+ people and growing. Yes it's more expensive to have his company do the tech support but it's an American company. 

You can call 24/7 and the person is speaking "english " as a first language and his company has received great ratings on what they provide. For all I know his company tech supports flash lights 😀 

But he is doing business in the gazillion of dollars. Not bad for a corporate attorney who had a vision and ran with it.

as a Verizon stockholder I think it's cheaper to hire people who speak English where we won't lose customers due to incompetence on the part of the person you are speaking with.