Internet disconnects
abovedarim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I saw two similar posts but no answers.  Twice in the last week my internet goes down.  After half an hour or so, it starts to work.  I'm glad it comes back on without having to do anything, but I don't want this to turn into something bigger or needing the internet quickly.

It's also frustrating that I can't email or chat with customer service, but instead of to waste time reading through posts.  I'm in Harrisburg, PA.  Has there been outages?

Other than this, I've been very happy with FiOS for the several years I've had it.  Only a few DVR problems that eventually got fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Internet disconnects
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You shouldn't be seeing internet disconnects at all.  Most FiOS users (myself included) have uptimes measured in weeks, months and even years.  The only reason my internet goes down is due to power outages or when I unplug the router.

You can try to get help from us users, however we'll need more information about what is going on.  How are you connecting to your router; WiFi or wired?  Note that if you're using WiFi, you should stop right now and switch to wired.  This may be a WiFi issue that has nothing to do with Verizon.

It would help to know what you mean by "disconnect."  If you are using wired, check the status lights on the router.  See if you can reach the routers web page (http//192.168.1.1) and so on.

If you post back here with more detail, we may be able to help you. You may also want to call Verizon directly the next time your internet disconnects.

Good Luck

0 Likes
abovedarim
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea, this never really happened before except when there was an outage in the area.  That's why I wanted to chat with service but it is unavailable right now for some reason.  Don't have time to call.

This is both wired and wireless. 

I don't remember exactly what the lights were doing as I think it started to work right when I came down to look.  Not sure how to search for the routers web page, but I'll try it if you let me know.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just click below to get to your router's web page. This will work unless you've change the default router settings.  Of course, you must be using a computer attached to your router.

http://192.168.1.1/

Good Luck

0 Likes
abovedarim
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well that is being totally weird.  I try to sign in and for every letter in the password, it types 3.  I don't have time for this now, have to do it later.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@abovedarim wrote:

Well that is being totally weird.  I try to sign in and for every letter in the password, it types 3.  I don't have time for this now, have to do it later.

Of course, that is what it is supposed to do, Verizon views it as a "security feature" to prevent someone looking over your shoulder from seeing what password you enter (silly to me, but what do I know.....). Just ignore what is displayed and enter the password. Oh, and by the way, this has been covered many, many times here in the Forums, probably at least 50 times, maybe a hundred or more, all you needed to do was search here to find out why the router does that.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes