Internet download speed drops to 1-5Mbps (upload 25Mbps) every month...
Gulbane1
Enthusiast - Level 2

....Rebooting the ONT (turning off router, disconnecting power supply, disconnecting battery, waiting 5 minutes, reconnecting everything) fixes the problem each time.

My normal speeds are 30.5 down and 25 up.  When the problem suddenly starts my download drops to 1 to 5 mbps down yet upload remains the same and is unaffected. 

I use the official Verizon speed check web site to ensure accuracy.

Each ONT reboot will fix the problem for a month to 6 weeks and then the problem just starts again. 

What could be wrong or what can I do to permanently fix this?

Thanks all!

Re: Internet download speed drops to 1-5Mbps (upload 25Mbps) every month...
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if the ont reboot is a neccessary step for you to get your speeds back, then it would stand to reason that it might be starting to go bad.  Might need it replaced, that would be the only way I could see it being fixed permenantly, so it just depends if the problem is severe enough for you to dedicate a 4 or more hours out of your day to have them come over and replace it.   

@Gulbane wrote:

....Rebooting the ONT (turning off router, disconnecting power supply, disconnecting battery, waiting 5 minutes, reconnecting everything) fixes the problem each time.

My normal speeds are 30.5 down and 25 up.  When the problem suddenly starts my download drops to 1 to 5 mbps down yet upload remains the same and is unaffected. 

I use the official Verizon speed check web site to ensure accuracy.

Each ONT reboot will fix the problem for a month to 6 weeks and then the problem just starts again. 

What could be wrong or what can I do to permanently fix this?

Thanks all!

Re: Internet download speed drops to 1-5Mbps (upload 25Mbps) every month...
Gulbane1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, logically, thats the problem.  It's amazing though - that it's literally brand new.  I had all this installed 2 months ago as a fresh new subscriber.  Bleh.

0 Likes