Internet goes in and out
sue_king

My internet keeps turning on and off. I can use it for a few minutes then it's down for a few minutes. Happens on phone, laptop & desktop so it has to be a modem issue. I've rebooted all devices and modem. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Internet goes in and out
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are all these devices connected via WiFi?

If so, try using a wired connection.  You might have WiFi interference.  Using a wired connection will rule that in or out.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
sue_king

They're not all wireless. The desktop has an ethernet cable into the modem, this one is also going in and out. 😞

Thank you for the feedback 🙂

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sue_king wrote:

They're not all wireless. The desktop has an ethernet cable into the modem, this one is also going in and out. 😞

Thank you for the feedback 🙂

It's a router not a modem.

Log onto the router and have a look at the event log there.  It should tell you what is happening.  As you say the outage lasts several minutes it would sound like the event log will tell you that the router is rebooting.

0 Likes
sue_king

I will try that, thank you. Happy Holidays to you!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have access to your ONT, also open up the customer access portion of the ONT and look for some status lights. When your Internet goes out, take note of the lights and what they're doing (colors, blink rates, if they're on or not) and compare that against a time where your Internet is actually working.

0 Likes