Internet installed today, lied to about fees
Apester

Fios internet installed today. Technician installed an extender because he didn't wish to run a wire across my basement.  He showed it to me after he installed it, at which time I specifically asked him it was an extra fee, particularly since I did not ask for it.  He assured me that it went along with the router and that they worked together for no extra charge.  After he left, I received an email stating that I was being charged $10 a month for the extender. Also, at the bottom of the bill, it stated that my $100 prepaid Visa gift card was being removed due to changes in the order ????  After, 3 hours of chatting online, it still is not resolved.  I was told I would need to disconnect and return the extender myself or I would be charged a fee. Also, I will be charged a fee for a technician to come back and properly install the wire needed. ????  No one can explain to me why things were not done properly in the first place and why I am being charged for equipment that I did not request and am being forced to return it myself. No one can explain why my gift card was removed from order either.  This feels like a scam!

0 Likes
Re: Internet installed today, lied to about fees
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Apester,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes