Switch Account

Internet keeps kicking on and off repeatedly

Contributor
Contributor

Internet keeps kicking on and off repeatedly

Message 1 of 2
(203 Views)

I have an ActionTec WCB6200Q and since March of this year my internet connection keeps kicking on and off repeatedly to the point that it is becoming quasi non-functional. It occurs on all my devices, PC's and iPhones even when there is only one using the internet.

Is this a router problem? If so, would a new router may solve this problem?  I have tried the Vz tech desk chat room but it is very user unfriendly to get to the bottom of this.  Any one have any ideas?    I am open to buy their latest WiFi 6 model but need to know that if I do it will fix the problem.    Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Internet keeps kicking on and off repeatedly

Message 2 of 2
(146 Views)

We continue to have a similar issue with the G3100 router (Hw. revision 1103); it seems to have started while we were using an old Actiontec MI424WR (Gen. I), if I recall correctly. It's hard to say for sure though whether in your circumstance a new router would help.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.