Re: Internet light is orange and internet doesnt work
Hubrisnxs
Legend
The ont reboot is easy should take less than a few minutes. I usually unplug my router first. Then do this http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16357. Then plug the router back in.
0 Likes
bietler11

My internet light is also orange/amber and no internet.  I power cycled the router and ont and still nothing.  I called Verizon and they had me go through all the same steps (it took at least an hour disconnecting, waiting, reconnecting, repeat...) and it still does not work.  They said my router is bad and they are sending a new one.  I'm a little suspicious about this because the router is only one week old and had been working fine.  I'm betting it is an IP issue.  We'll see when the new router gets here I guess.

0 Likes
defjab42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had same issue...Called 800-verizion , they rebooted ONT...I have 2 routers had to reboot my internal router as well after ONT reboot and got back on line. Waited about 30 minutes to speak to someone...guessing a bigger issue is going on. Issue has been going on for a couple of days. Everytime when the IVR reset my connection, it would restore by the time I got an agent.

0 Likes
ctorres2167
Enthusiast - Level 1
Smith6612 that worked perfectly!!!!! Unplugged router and backup battery disconnected the battery from inside. Left it unplugged for 2 minutes. Connected everything and everything works fine.
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ctorres2167 wrote:
Smith6612 that worked perfectly!!!!! Unplugged router and backup battery disconnected the battery from inside. Left it unplugged for 2 minutes. Connected everything and everything works fine.

Glad to hear!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes