Switch Account

Internet light remains amber

Internet light remains amber

Contributor mhawkins102
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(36,306 Views)

I have been using FIOS for months now by directly connecting my computer to the wall.  I have no decided to try the MI424WR router so I can go wireless.  The internet light remains amber once the router is connected to the system.  Any thoughts on how I can get this working?  I have tried several hard resets on the router and still the same issue.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(36,288 Views)

You need to call Verizon and have them release your IP. You are MAC bound to the PC that is why the router won't connect.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(36,273 Views)
Or maybe you can spoof/clone the WAN MAC Address of your router. I do not have FIOS or MI424WR router, so I have no idea of how to do this - at this time. Most likely in the Advanced area...

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 4 of 4
(36,243 Views)

You can also try Vz In Home Agent (verizon.com/connect)

Once installed, start the tool, go to Internet --> Network and Wireless Setup --> Setup my Replacement Router. It should fix amber light issue in your router.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.