Internet not cooperating
mmjkeller

I've had my current internet set up with verizon since I had moved in to this house with my family and hence have had all the same equiptment to a degree and have had no big issues with my internet service. Recently I took up livestreaming video games on twitch.tv using the xsplit streaming client. This is where my problems begin. I have a reasonably high upload speed for the specific reason of livestreaming which to those who don't know, is capturing the images of my game and simotaniously uploading them to the internet. That being said I have a computer more than powerful enough to handle livestreaming and I know the services I use for streaming aren't at fault here for reasons that will be brought up later. The main issue though is that I can stream for anywhere between 3-45 minutes straight when my connection does something funny that causes my stream to completely stop and reset itself causing anyone watching my stream to have to wait until my computer re establishes connection. Now you must be thinking, well it must be the computer or the streaming service but I can assure you it's not just because of this reason here. I have an upload speed of 35mbps and a download speed of 75mbps tested and proven by several different speed test sites and when these issue first made themselves apparent I decided to pack up my entire computer system and move it to my friends house not even a mile down the road at an appartment complex where a brand new internet system was installed by verizon and her speed was clocked at about 15mbps download and 5mbps upload. While testing the exact same stream service and the exact same computer I had amazing results with my stream lasting 5+ hours until I was satisfied with the results and shut down the stream. This being said, I am completely confused to why my internet at my house which is supposedly is at higher quality than my friends, is dropping frames and resetting even though it should not be. When the stream resets I should mention that my game I am playing in online mode does not have any issues such as connectivity. I have called verizon tech several times to fix this and have gone over the process of troubleshooting over the phone so many times at this point that I can go through the process in my sleep. I have also had techs come to my house while I've had to ask friends to stay so they can troubleshoot and most times they show up, do something that the previous tech has done again and do a speed test and leave. This is highly inconvinient since it really doesn't help me at all. Really all I want is my connection to my streaming service to stop dropping and reseting with its upload/download when I am paying much more than my friend who gets better results with a lesser connection very close by. Yet another tech is on the way out for 8am and wil be here but I am not very enthusiastic about the posibilities. At this point I dont know if I should ask either for a complete revamp of my internet system wires and all, or if I should just drop verizon all together and find a new ISP. I don't want to drop verizon but the lack of help with the ability to fix my issue is driving me towards that as a solution. I know its nothing on my end with my hardware or my streaming services since it all works fine at my friends hourse again with a smaller connection from the same ISP so its something wrong with verizon at my house. Please help stop this headache so I can enjoy what I pay for. 

0 Likes
Re: Internet not cooperating
mmjkeller

I'd also like to mention the connection is wired both at my friends ha\ouse as well as mine so there no confusion with wireless being an issue either.

0 Likes
Re: Internet not cooperating
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes