Internet "Hiccuping"
joe_monk

I have FiOS internet (25/25), and usethe G1100 router. Internet speed is fine, but it will hiccup, and lose connectivity temporarily. This especially happens when I am using Skype or streamin on Hulu, but it also happens when I open links in new tabs. I have power cycled my router, but that has not fixxed the issue. Any solutions out there?

0 Likes
Re: Internet "Hiccuping"
prnorris2

I have been having the same problems, first with on demand TV, which I understand works on the internet connection and today while viewing a video on Yahoo news. I tried using chat support, it didn't help. I finally found the phone number for voice support and have been on hold for 20 minutes. I am getting tired of unpluging router to get a internet connection several time a day. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
prnorris2

I got thur to a real person, after being on hold for 25 minutes, and in less than 5 minutes, they said that they need to send out service. I will let you know what they say after the come on Saturday.

0 Likes
joe_monk

Please let me know what they say/do. After 4 different chat sessions (and doing the same troubleshooting, and putting up with the same false helpfulness), I just started to demand they send out a tech, who is coming now on Monday.

0 Likes
joe_monk

The tech came out on Monday. He took a look at everything, but said thaty he could find nothign wrong. He did say that they have been experienceing issues in the Sterling, VA area (where I live), and that they were workign on that issue. Ultimately, there seems to be nothing to do until the problem is fixed. However, I did get billing to agree to credit me back all the money I am paying, from the time I reported the issue, to the time it is fixed, so at some point in the future I will get a big credit.

0 Likes