Internet slow
markdburns1

I have 150 Meg FIOS. It is having problems, I never get that speed. Independent bandwith tests average anywhere from 4 Meg to maybe 30 Meg. Some of them won't even run. I also have a cable modem with another provider that is at their minimum speed an it is consistently faster than this Verizon. I have reset the router but no change. Any ideas? It is not the computer equipment and I am testing with both wireless and hardwired connections to the router. 

0 Likes
Re: Internet slow
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have video or voice services with FiOS as well? How do those work? Also, to be sure does your router have an Ethernet connection (CAT5e/CAT6a) to the ONT? Lastly, do you have QoS or Parental Controls enabled on the router? Either one of these can potentially slow down your Internet drastically.

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

To test you need to be hardwired from the computer to the router. Make sure you have a gigabit ethernet card in the computer and that it is set to Auto on the speed. Run the fios speed optimizer on your computer and reboot  the computer when you are finished. Go to speedtest.verizon.net and test the speed again and let us know how it is.

markdburns1

Yes to voice and video. Have FIOS TV and phone. I haven't noticed any issues with phone or video. Router is hard wired to PC via CAT5e. No QoS or Parental controls. Will run the other tests in the next post and let everyone know what I come up with. 

0 Likes