Internet speed and connectivity strength dropped in the past month and a half.
Vrikk

Long story short, my 25/25 home internet has become pretty unreliable and spotty over the last month and a half. I originally noticed it getting bad as the evenings went on... during the day, it seemed to be fine. I called and talked to Verizon Techs on their webchat, and went through the following things:

1.) One tech said it was my fault since "this just happens sometimes". This solution was laughable.

2.) I changed my SID, I stopped broadcasting my SID, and I changed my network password.

3.) The Verizon tech reset my router and FIOS box, and said this should fix the issue... it didn't.

I finally got them to send a tech out. He walked in, saw I had the "old Verizon router", and said I have to get the new one. So I did.

I'm now paying $10 more a month for the new router that was supposed to fix the issue, and in fact it isn't. In fact, I feel that it has gotten worse ever since the new router came in... the Internet drops intermittantly during the day.

What else is there to do? Ever before a month and a half ago, I never had an issue. I'm very close to cancelling altogether since Verizon is not helping except going through the same script over and over whenever I call.

0 Likes
Re: Internet speed and connectivity strength dropped in the past month and a half.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Are you talking about the wireless speeds or the hard wired speeds?

0 Likes