Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Internet speed and connectivity strength dropped in the past month and a half.

Vrikk
Contributor
Contributor

Internet speed and connectivity strength dropped in the past month and a half.

Message 1 of 2
(500 Views)

Long story short, my 25/25 home internet has become pretty unreliable and spotty over the last month and a half. I originally noticed it getting bad as the evenings went on... during the day, it seemed to be fine. I called and talked to Verizon Techs on their webchat, and went through the following things:

1.) One tech said it was my fault since "this just happens sometimes". This solution was laughable.

2.) I changed my SID, I stopped broadcasting my SID, and I changed my network password.

3.) The Verizon tech reset my router and FIOS box, and said this should fix the issue... it didn't.

I finally got them to send a tech out. He walked in, saw I had the "old Verizon router", and said I have to get the new one. So I did.

I'm now paying $10 more a month for the new router that was supposed to fix the issue, and in fact it isn't. In fact, I feel that it has gotten worse ever since the new router came in... the Internet drops intermittantly during the day.

What else is there to do? Ever before a month and a half ago, I never had an issue. I'm very close to cancelling altogether since Verizon is not helping except going through the same script over and over whenever I call.

1 REPLY 1
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Internet speed and connectivity strength dropped in the past month and a half.

Message 2 of 2
(434 Views)

Are you talking about the wireless speeds or the hard wired speeds?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title