Internet very slow and unable to upload
Kurt_1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today and the last few days, I've been unable to upload and email files. I've tried Google Chrome and IE and 3 different email platforms. Everytime I initiate an upload, it times out and I get an error. My file is only 340 KB! The internet in general has also been running very slow. I have FIOS. I've tried restarting the router twice, updating windows, and restarting my computer. Nothing seems to help. Please assist!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet very slow and unable to upload
Kurt_1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just tried unplugging and replugging the ethernet cord. That fixed it!!!

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@Kurt_1978 wrote:

Today and the last few days, I've been unable to upload and email files. I've tried Google Chrome and IE and 3 different email platforms. Everytime I initiate an upload, it times out and I get an error. My file is only 340 KB! The internet in general has also been running very slow. I have FIOS. I've tried restarting the router twice, updating windows, and restarting my computer. Nothing seems to help. Please assist!

Well did you try using an email provider like GMail or Outlook/Hotmail?

if you can send through them then it’s the service providers issue. You state three different email platforms of which are? Your isp has limits on sending files as to sizes they vary. When I use outlook it 10 Mbps on GMail it’s higher. However if I use a yahoo or aol it times out or states file is to large.

on the test phase did you try logging in on a cell phone to the email providers and try to send the same size file or folder? In some rare cases the MX is set to deny certain ip addresses from sending mail let alone attachments.

0 Likes
Kurt_1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the following on Chrome: Yahoo Mail, GMail, Dropbox. On IE: Outlook, Yahoo Mail, GMail.

0 Likes
Kurt_1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

jonjones1
Legend

@Kurt_1978 wrote:

Glad that was easy 😀