Internet virtually unusable from 7pm til Midnight Monday through Sunday
Namronorman
Contributor - Level 2

For the past few weeks now, the internet has been virtually unusable from roughly 7pm until midnight every day of the week. I am seeing ping times > 100ms on average and packet loss as high as 20%. What gives? I contact customer support and open a ticket only to have it closed with zero communication.

At this point, I just want to get out of my contract with no early termination fee. Verizon advertises online gaming as something they excel at but it's obviously something they don't plan to provide for. If they're not going to maintain their networks to an acceptable degree then what's the point of me maintaing a contract?

I intend to escalate with my municipalty in regards to the local franchise agreement in addition to writing a letter to state attorney general. If Verizon honestly cared, they'd do two things:

- Communicate with their customers

- Fix the issue

0 Likes
Re: Internet virtually unusable from 7pm til Midnight Monday through Sunday
madmonk1

I have been having the same problem. I run a gaming community and I was getting about a 30-35 ping to my communties server. For the past couple of months it goes up to 200. Before that it was stable and I was very happy. Sometimes I get disconnects. I too have the 2 year deal. I feel like i am stuck now. It is not my comp or my router. It is the network. One of the hops to the location I connect to is failing or went through some changes.

I don't even want to go to technical support because it will be a waste of time. The same check this, reset that, restart this, etc etc. I went through the same thing when I had their DSL before I upgraded to FIOS. I check these forums every few days though to see if something changes. Haven't seen anything yet.

0 Likes
Namronorman
Contributor - Level 2

I talked to a very nice lady in billing that suggested I speak to her manager if the issue goes unresolved and that the early termination fee can be waived; until then, she has applied a credit to my account for the cost of internet.

0 Likes
Namronorman
Contributor - Level 2

Oh, big surprise! Just received a text message stating that my ticket has been closed. This will be the third time that this is happened and I'm sure this evening I'll find that nothing has been resolved.

0 Likes
Namronorman
Contributor - Level 2

Whelp.

Friend down the road on comcast: 19ms

Me on FiOS: 110ms

FiOS tech says it's just congestion and to deal with it. "Virtually Lag-free gaming!"

0 Likes
rfein

also having the exact same problems.  I'm not on a contract so will probably cancel soon and go back to cable if there isn't a fix or at least some kind of update that its being worked on. 

0 Likes