Internet works for about 5 minutes then stops
laynef1

FIOS Internet worked great at my apartment. Moved to a house. Requested to move my FIOS to the house. Tech came to install it 2 days ago, and he left while it still worked. It stopped working about 5 minutes after he left.

I go through the troubleshooting steps on the My FIOS app and get Internet working again but it always only works for about 5 minutes. Whenever it starts working we watch videos on Youtube to test it. This has happened about 4 times in the past 2 days. Am I hitting a data limit after 5 minutes?

The Quantum router LEDs are all solid white. The ONT LEDs are all green. This isn't a hardware connection problem because it always works for about 5 minutes, then stops working. 

I don't want the new router that the tech support chat guy always wants to send me. I just want someone to fix this, it's clearly a problem in the FIOS network where something is switching my Internet off after 5 minutes every time.

Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
Re: Internet works for about 5 minutes then stops
laynef1

Additional info, when it stops working after 5 minutes it never works again until I go through the My FIOS app troubleshooting steps.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What type of device are you using?

Do you have a computer hooked up to rotuer via ethernet cable?

If so, open a command window and try ping google.com

Does that work?

0 Likes
laynef1

Tech came out again and changed out the ONT. Don't know how that fixed the issue but Internet has been working for 18 hours now.

0 Likes