Re: Ipad not working with Fios wireless Router
swandy

Uh - Mikhail - if you actually read the page you are referring to, you will see that they specifically state that the issue at Princeton U IS NOT RELATED TO THE WIFI PROBLEM IPAD USERS ARE HAVING. (This statement is right at the top of the page you linked to.)

0 Likes
boboosta

That's good to know. I am getting FIOS next week, and I have an iPad. I also have an Apple Airport Extreme wireless router. So, I'll use the Airport wireless network for the iPad.

0 Likes
GreatDane1
Enthusiast - Level 1

sorry cut in with a question. I have the same issues as above. Is there a way to swap out  or use my Linksys instead of the verison router? One of the chat reps at verizon actually said that the verison router is "less than ideal" and only has a functional phyiscal range of 15-20 feet.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@GreatDane wrote:

sorry cut in with a question. I have the same issues as above. Is there a way to swap out  or use my Linksys instead of the verison router? One of the chat reps at verizon actually said that the verison router is "less than ideal" and only has a functional phyiscal range of 15-20 feet.

Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router?

Why yes, yes you can....

🙂

wfh246

@jackreacher wrote:

My last posting on this.I did all of the following:

- Channel 11 only

- "G" frequency only

- WPA2

- Static IP with hard coded DNS

- Reset iPad Network settings completely (Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings)

Things work great for a while. Sometimes a day or two. Then eventually I get a period of hours in which it drops and reconnects. I admit it's better with WPA since there is now no prompt for a password. Guess I'll wait for next firmware.

Kudos to "amfbluffer" for the Wireshark dump and info.

This worked for me FINALLY

found a static ip on my fios, reset,  and it works.

thank you so much for your help

0 Likes