Is Customer Service?
Mike1026
Enthusiast - Level 2

My old account has been sent to collections & reported to the Credit Bureaus. Customer service confirms that I don't owe, tries to help, but seems powerless to actually fix anything.

TIMELINE:

1. I return equipment to Verizon.  UPS delivers 05/30/2014 per tracking number and per Verizon signature.

2. Invoice generated 06/07/14 for equipment and sent to me.

3. Customer service Denise confirmed on 06/30/2014 that equipment was returned.

4. Denise said it may take 1 or 2 billing cycles ( months ) to process. 06/30/2014

5. Verizon FIOS makes me an offer to return & I agree to a 2-year contract for service

on 07/29/2014. But wait, there is still an outstanding invoice for un-returned equipment.  Mrs Bradford confirms that the equipment was returned, then contacts the credit department, which reviews and confirms that the invoice will be adjusted. New service begins.

6. Verizon meanwhile sends my account to a collection agency which demands $207 for un-returned equipment. I speak to Jose at EOS CCA collections and upon request, I fax him the UPS tracking history for the return. My transmission report confirms that he received this fax on 09/11/2014 at 18:45. I mistakenly assume this is over.

7. On 12/02/2014 I try to buy Verizon Wireless equipment and service. Denied! I call Verizon only to have my call routed to the collection agency. The lady has no record that I disputed this or sent information to Jose on 9/11.

8. On 12/02/2014, Kara in Customer Service confirms that Verizon employees have screwed-up ( my expression not hers ) but she will submit the proper paperwork.

9. On 12/04/2014 I access my credit report to see that on 11/01/2014 Verizon reported me to the credit bureaus. This is the only ding against me but the credit report states that this

has affected my credit. My score is the lowest it has ever been because of this!

10. 12/04/2014 - I call Verizon, talk to Debbie, "We are so sorry, it will be corrected, blah, blah, blah", transferred to{edited for privacy}, "We are so sorry, it will be corrected, blah, blah, blah", transferred to Sherry in credit, more "blah, blah, blah".

11. Sherry in credit then said "it may take 1 or 2 billing cycles ( months ) to process." and there is nothing else that can be done. I go check my blood pressure.

12. See # 4 above.

How much time do you think has been spent on this issue? On hold waiting for a rep, explaining, waiting for each rep to review the case, getting transferred again, on hold waiting each time!

**bleep**! What is wrong with Verizon? Good thing I kept the UPS tracking info

Meanwhile, I suppose I need to try Sprint for my cell service.

0 Likes
Re: Is Customer Service?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Is Customer Service?
Mike1026
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem is NOT solved. Customer service repeats the same old phrase " Please wait one or two billing cycles".

I have been hearing this since June 30. Meanwhile, this disputed amount, which Verizon, since June, admits that I don't owe, sits on my credit report.

Next up, read the FCRA and cozy-up to some govt regulators.

0 Likes