Is FIOS Internet slow?

Is FIOS Internet slow?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Is FIOS Internet slow?

Message 21 of 24
(5,523 Views)
What would happen if I changed the advanced router setting from home network to broadband? I am running an iMac wirelessly. I use DHCP not a static IP address. If I change to static address will the router talk to my Mac and vice versa?
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 22 of 24
(5,535 Views)

mole - I'm running wirelessly on a macbook pro. I also was getting speeds of 14.5/4.5 until I changed the trasmission.  Have you done this?

Wireless Settings > Advanced Security Settings >  Other Advanced Wireless Settings

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 23 of 24
(5,524 Views)
What is your transmission set on? It is good to finally hear from someone running a mac wirelessly on Fios. I have had a ton of issues about the mac and router talking to each other intermittently.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 24 of 24
(5,513 Views)
My transmission is currently set on auto. I was instructed to do this by a Verizion tech support person. Before that I was on 54 and really having problems.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.