Is Installation Service Normally This Poor ? - No Show and Cancelled Order
tjackson1111

Well, I was looking forward to having Gig FIOS installed today, but after a failure to show up and waste half my day so far I'm cancelling the order. I'm perfectly happy with Comcast so if this is a reflection of the future service I would receive, then it's probably for the best.

To summarize, install was scheduled for today 8-10, confirmed in an email and in the FIOS app. I received a big box with equipment last week in the mail that said the installer would need that. At 11am I called, waited on hold for 30 minutes, then waiting another 30 minutes while the guy figured out what was going on. While I am on hold, disatch calls my wife to confirm the order and said they didn't know why they weren't at the house yet. Long and short, they thought it was a self install even though all the info presented to me said the contrary. Pretty sure you can't self install Gig especially when I would think the ONT also needs replaced. Good thing I called or I would have been waiting all day. Can;t come back out until later this week so I'm done. When he canceled my order he also said I needed to send the equipment back. It wasn't until I mentioned there is no way I would pay to do that did he oblige. Is this kind of operation normal within Verizon?  They work so hard to get the revenue stream back from Comcast so I can't believe how quickly they dropped the ball. Sorry for the rant all, just frustrated and disappointed. Maybe someone from Verizon will see this and realize they have some issues to sort out.

0 Likes