Re: Is Verizon going to acknowlege the problems with FIOS and Windows Vista
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2
The thread is also about "Is Verizon going to acknowlege the problems".
0 Likes
Shadow64
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Simple answer is NO!!!!! 

0 Likes
prpitbull9
i bought the trendnet signal booster and its works perfectly.... the way a router should work. its sad i had to resolve the issue outside of verizons awful tech support and customer service. thanks for the tip fiostvman
0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

@prpitbull9 wrote:
i bought the trendnet signal booster and its works perfectly.... the way a router should work. its sad i had to resolve the issue outside of verizons awful tech support and customer service. thanks for the tip fiostvman

Great. Glad things worked out. Its not just sad. It is pathetic that Verizon has totally ignored this issue for so long and still continue to refuse to acknowledge it has a major issue on its hands. Why should way all have to go the extra mile and either buy another router or signal booster to get the internet to work that we are already paying for. 

For the thousands of folks out there with problems, we should all send Verizon out bills(for either the router or the Trendnet) and have them reimburse us or give us a free equivalent month of service. This is the height of irresponsibility for ignoring such a huge problem.

I really do hope that the few Verizon employees here will listen to our cry and report back to upper management that were are all angry.

Solution is simple. Verizon should still have thousands of D-link "older" routers that it initially used that still work. Give these to customers so that they can have a work around to the lousy Actiontech signal issues or give customers a month's credit on their bills.

BTW, I have had the Trendnet over a month now and its wireless signals are perfect. No more dropped signals and I get a full 5 bars everywhere in my house.

Message Edited by fiostvman on 03-12-2009 07:07 AM
Message Edited by fiostvman on 03-12-2009 07:10 AM
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately I will have to agree that the issue is Vista.  Yes, it can be a pain that some Vista users are having difficulties, but the fact remains that Verizon provides internet into the home and whatever you connect to the router, is really your responsibility.  I have 2 Alienware PCs and one Alienware laptop (I can build computers but I'm a sucker for their machines) -- PCs run xp and vista and the laptop is xp.  No wireless issues.  I only keep my xbox 360 wired.

I mean I know there is definitely an issue with Vista having the changing icon status in the network and sharing center, I saw that before FiOS came into my area.  The ONLY things that I could think that might be an issue, besides the whole private/public network are these:

-First and foremost, log into the router

-At the top click Wireless Settings

-Go into basic security settings on the left and change the channel to 11 (yes, I know this doesn't work for all but please read on) and apply

-Now back on the left side menu choose advanced security settings, enter 802.11b/g Mode

---Honestly, most people should need G only by now, but choose what you need here (avoid mixed) and apply

-Go back onto the left menu and try advanced wireless settings again but this time choose "Other Advanced Wireless Options" at the bottom

-Change MTU to "manual" and enter in "1492" in the field it provides and apply

-Now at the top right go into advanced settings

-Click on the link for "System settings"

-In here UNCHECK the "Enable Logging" and "Low Capacity Notification" options and apply

Just make sure you are applying all the changes at each step.  I am very very very curious, for the people having these issues, if this doesn't resolve it or not.

Please, if you are having wireless connections dropping as described, let me know if the steps above work.  Smiley Wink

Message Edited by DzWR on 03-13-2009 02:52 PM
0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

A poster over by DSL Reports says that since getting the new firmware for the Actiontech, he no longer has wireless issues. Apparently, a new firmware was automatically  pushed recently.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Yes, a new level, 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.11.6, is being or has been distributed. I got it last week, don't really see any differences for me, the only time I have connected my laptop wirelessly it worked just fine.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Only changes I know of that we can see. 

~Port forwarding for out of range IPs

~Multicast proxy default set to off

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

@fiostvman wrote:

A poster over by DSL Reports says that since getting the new firmware for the Actiontech, he no longer has wireless issues. Apparently, a new firmware was automatically  pushed recently.

This firmware update was actually pushed out a month or two ago.  It had issues, so they rolled it back.  Rumor has it, the update is suppose to resolve the issues you guys are experiencing.  I also heard it was suppose to expand the Nat table...
0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon going to acknowledge the problems with FIOS and Windows Vista
Director

As one person indicated, whether it is the Actiontec router, Vista or Vista combined with the Actiontec router and possibly certain computer brands, it is a Verizon problem because it only occurs with the Actiontec router installed by (you) Verizon.

It is odd that Tech, Support for Verizon, Actiontec and a major computer manufacturer flat out deny there is a problem, but that some local techs and istallers are well aware of it and bypass the problem by disarming the wireless  on Actiontec and connecting another (second) manufacturers wireless router to the Actiontec.

And to suggest the customer install Windows XP at their cost and inconvience is flat out absurb.  It is this type of consistant,  negative {please keep your posts courteous} customer service over the years,which caused me to dump Comcast.  Have I gone from the frying pan into the fire???

Message Edited by Director on 03-16-2009 06:36 AM
Message Edited by KaLin on 03-16-2009 11:44 AM
0 Likes