Re: Is Verizon going to acknowlege the problems with FIOS and Windows Vista
marty99
First and foremost, log into the router

-At the top click Wireless Settings

Tried those above things.  I can't log into the wireless settings as I don't have a psswd for it.  Only Verizon can do it. 

FYI, Verizon called me after what I posted here.  A tech who spoke English assisted me.  She basically told me it was a Vista / Outlook issue. OR I had something in my house interferring with it the signal. 

Whether this is Verizon or Vistas fault I don't care.  I can't have an internet connection that keeps dropping.  Verizon will be losing my business and I will go to a company that I can get a reliable Vista connection.  Vista isn't going away, but Verizon has plenty of competitors. 

0 Likes
marty99

Okay question on the trendnet:  Can someone post the link to which trendnet you need?  Also does the trendnet piggyback and/or plug into the Actiontech (verizon) router?  Will the Actiontech modem/router sync with the trendnet, Vista, and Outlook?  I tried a linksys router and that did not work.

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Marty,

You can access the router by typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your internet explorer.

The login name is     admin

the password is    password    or it's     password1

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

@marty99 wrote:

Okay question on the trendnet:  Can someone post the link to which trendnet you need?  Also does the trendnet piggyback and/or plug into the Actiontech (verizon) router?  Will the Actiontech modem/router sync with the trendnet, Vista, and Outlook?  I tried a linksys router and that did not work.

if your trying to use your own router take the lan out from the actiontec and hook it up to the wan or your router.
0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

@marty99 wrote:

Here is the link to the Trendnet that I purchased. It is not a router,but a Wireless Access Device that you will use with our current Actiontech Router. As per the previous poster here noted, you will need to access  your Actiontech settings to turn off the wireless function since the Trendnet will now act as your wireless signal provider. If after you purchase it and you still have problems setting it up, just call Trendnet and they will walk you through step by step to fix it.

I installed the Trendnet over a month ago and it works great. No more dropped signal.

The Vista globe still goes on and off but I don't lose signals like before.  FIOS internet does not work well with the Vista Globe.  When I had Comcast HSI, the Vista globe was on 24/7 using the Linkysys router. My friend has Sprint Broadband and his globe is on 24/7.   FIOS is the only service I know out there that has issues with Vista.

Verizon needs to fix the problem now.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-10150726-58.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=Crave

0 Likes
G-Pon
Contributor - Level 1
please remember to visit:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939006   Vista’s registry is closed to some of the necessary changes (a security enhancement) and I think this site even may allow download of a “Hot-Fix”. (from Microsoft, not Verizon)
0 Likes
SamRay
Enthusiast - Level 2

@G-Pon wrote:
please remember to visit:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939006   Vista’s registry is closed to some of the necessary changes (a security enhancement) and I think this site even may allow download of a “Hot-Fix”. (from Microsoft, not Verizon)

That article says:

This problem was first corrected in Windows Vista Service Pack 1.

So I assume it does not apply to all of us that have gotten SP1. Am I wrong? Most Vista installations will have gotten SP1 already automatically by Windows Update, and if SP1 fixes the problem, then the KB article is not relevant to most of us. For those that have not gotten SP1, then the best solution is to get it, correct?

0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

The link provided by Gpon is irrelevant.

The issue is not a "speed issue" are discussed in his link. The issue involved the consistent dropping of signals by the Actiontech Router even when your computer/laptop is right beside the router.

0 Likes
mole
This is not just a Vista problem. There are numerous threads on this and other sites about similar problems with Apple products including my iMac. I have to keep changing the wireless channel to maintain contact with the Actiontec router. I think the problem lies with the routers, but of course, Verizon appears to be contractually wedded to that product so those of us with problems are on our own.
0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

@mole wrote:
This is not just a Vista problem. There are numerous threads on this and other sites about similar problems with Apple products including my iMac. I have to keep changing the wireless channel to maintain contact with the Actiontec router. I think the problem lies with the routers, but of course, Verizon appears to be contractually wedded to that product so those of us with problems are on our own.

Issue mostly affected computer running Windows  Vista even though it is not Vista issue.

I rarely see posts regarding Mac issues.

0 Likes