Re: Is anyone else's xbox live have unplayable latency? Southern California
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The links between Hops 1 and 2 are unacceptable. The jump between those two hops in latency should be no greater than 2-3ms. It's an issue with Verizon's backbone that needs to be sorted out. If the trace is like that 24/7, that would be extremely bad. Video is still loading (my DSL isn't suitable for HD streaming, which I do anyhow after waiting an hour for it to buffer) though I do see where the lag is taking place. That almost looks like Microstutter or what you'd find when a system is, for example reading data from a disk or is low on RAM. Internet lag ususally looks different but it could be possible that is how the game was coded to show it as a part of the netcode.

Perhaps I'm just too used to playing games on a PC though...

GY4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know as a business customer,  if you call them 3 times and your issue isnt fixed then you can cancel your contract due to the fact they arent living up to their end of the bargain.  Contracts go both ways and if youve called and emailed a bunch and problems persists then it seems they arent holding up their end.  Not sure about residential but same premise.

darnrob
Enthusiast - Level 2

They told me to change my ethernet  cable running from my ont to my router and make sure to keep it away from powerlines. I switched the cable out and it didn't fix anything. I noticed however that they mounted my ONT a foot away from my power main, is this a problem? Don't most houses have their fiber and power coming in near eachother?

0 Likes
XboxGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes