Is electricity needed for installation?
W63938639377339

Does the property need electricity for installation? My new home is having the electric panel replaced. The tech might not have electricity for the installation. Is that a problem?

I called support and they couldn’t tell me but noted it on my account. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is electricity needed for installation?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd be very surprised if a tech would do an install without power.  They need to activate the ONT and verify the installation is working.  Impossible without power.

I suggest you reschedule.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd be very surprised if a tech would do an install without power.  They need to activate the ONT and verify the installation is working.  Impossible without power.

I suggest you reschedule.

Good luck.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@W63938639377339 wrote:

Does the property need electricity for installation? My new home is having the electric panel replaced. The tech might not have electricity for the installation. Is that a problem?

I see the other poster gave you the right answer. I just wanted to comment on the support person who couldn’t tell you that YES THE ONT NEEDS ELECTRICITY is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. What training are they giving these people? Simply amazing.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@W63938639377339 wrote:

Do you have a portable generator you can use in case the power is out? Like the have others stated, there needs to be power to activate everything. 

0 Likes
W63938639377339

Installation occurred today. I used the AC outlet in my van to facilitate installation. Luckily, everything was already wired and ready to go from the previous owners. All we had to do was plug in the modem.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi 6393...

Verizon uses routers.

Here is the difference...

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/internet/modem-vs-router

Glad everything is up and running for you.

0 Likes