Switch Account

Is it worthy upgrading from 150(current) to 300 or 750(new) internet plan?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Is it worthy upgrading from 150(current) to 300 or 750(new) internet plan?

Message 11 of 11
(721 Views)

I used to have the 300/300 plan and downgraded to 150/150 and it seems fine. As a matter of fact since downgrading I use internet more than ever as I returned all my cable boxes and DVR in exchange for a cable card. 
We have about 25 wireless and 6 wired devices and the speed is fine. Most wireless items cant handle speeds over 300mb anyway. We have one PC that is connected via GB Ethernet and it is working perfect. We are saving a lot of money each month and have so many more features. It took me a long time to have everything running smoothly

Here is my setup if you are interested:

HDHomerun Prime (3 tuners and cable card connected)
Western Digital Cloud (6TB) this is my DVR I used to be dissapointed when I lost all my recordings after I had to send back a DVR to Verizon due to defect plus I have a lot more space.
Plex for organizing my libaray
Nvidia Shield for streaming TV to my TV 
Since I dont use Verizon Equipment ( I also purchased the router) It took 9 month to recoop my investment into my new setup. We enjoy streaming from any device in any location and never have a "bottleneck"

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.