Is the 20/20 FIOS plan being upgraded on Long Island?
Fibular
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems many of the other teirs are being upgraded, but I have not seen very much info regarding the 20/20 plan on Long Island.  I've seen mention of the 20/20 plan going to 20up/35down in NYC, however it is unclear if this will apply to the Long Island area.

I would hate to take a hit on upload speed, or miss out on a bump in download.  Inquiring minds would like to know Smiley Wink

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the 20/20 FIOS plan being upgraded on Long Island?
Fibular
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: I called customer service last week and discovered that the data only plans available were now 25/15 instead of 20/20 for new subscribers.  However, I also discovered that I could get a bundle deal with TV which included 35/20 internet.  Suprisingly the 35/20 speed tier is not available without the TV bundle in my area.

The price was right and since I was thinking about going with FIOS TV anyway I jumped on it.  Within an hour of my call my line rate was increased to the new level.  I couldn't be happier.  For those interested the package deal is called the "Double Flex 35/20 + TV Extreme HD" plan.

Message Edited by Fibular on 07-06-2009 08:54 PM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nyt
Enthusiast - Level 3
I called customer service and they offered me the 25/15 plan if I wanted to extend my contract end date.  I dont think it is worth switiching from 20/20.  I also got Virus protection and storage included in my last bundle which I was told I was lose if I switched to the new 25/15 plan.  I think I'll keep my current plan until it expires next April. 
0 Likes
Fibular
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: I called customer service last week and discovered that the data only plans available were now 25/15 instead of 20/20 for new subscribers.  However, I also discovered that I could get a bundle deal with TV which included 35/20 internet.  Suprisingly the 35/20 speed tier is not available without the TV bundle in my area.

The price was right and since I was thinking about going with FIOS TV anyway I jumped on it.  Within an hour of my call my line rate was increased to the new level.  I couldn't be happier.  For those interested the package deal is called the "Double Flex 35/20 + TV Extreme HD" plan.

Message Edited by Fibular on 07-06-2009 08:54 PM
0 Likes