Is the customer service really that bad? (possible future customer)
jdaydoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm currently with Brighthouse and I'm looking to switch to a bundle of cable/internet/phone.  Not just here but all across the internet I've read about Verizon's horrible and unprofessional customer service.  Is it bad enough where I should reconsider switching over?  I have Verizon Wireless for my cell phone and haven't had too many issues with them.  If the CS is that bad, does the equipment and internet speed make up for it?

If it is that bad I would appreciate someone letting me know and saving me the money and hassle.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the customer service really that bad? (possible future customer)
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on which representive you get, the type of question you ask and what time you call, to say the least. Whenever I've called Verizon support I've gotten the outcome I've expected for the most part, with some minor glitches here and there due to the backend computer system. There's other means of contacting Verizon for support besides the phone support, so should you have any problems we can always help you out on these forums, as well as Verizon through alternate methods.

As far as the equipment goes, the firmware on the router might leave a lot to be desired, but the speed FiOS offers (if there isn't a network problem somewhere) as well as the other noticable services such as the TV and Phone should be the deal maker.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on which representive you get, the type of question you ask and what time you call, to say the least. Whenever I've called Verizon support I've gotten the outcome I've expected for the most part, with some minor glitches here and there due to the backend computer system. There's other means of contacting Verizon for support besides the phone support, so should you have any problems we can always help you out on these forums, as well as Verizon through alternate methods.

As far as the equipment goes, the firmware on the router might leave a lot to be desired, but the speed FiOS offers (if there isn't a network problem somewhere) as well as the other noticable services such as the TV and Phone should be the deal maker.

questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

It's been the same from my experience too.  In general, I have gotten the resolution I needed to whichever problem I was calling about and yes, it can definitely depend on the rep you are speaking to.  I don't think Verizon's customer service is that bad, to be perfectly honest.

tns
Master - Level 2

Always had cooperative polite service.  Sometimes they think they have corrected a problem, but don't, so you may have to call again.

I wonder how much this varies by area.  Not sure if all calls go to the same call centers.

jdaydoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I apprecite all of the responses guys, but in the end I just decided to remain with Brighthouse.  With myself about to begin med school and my gf working a busy job, the last thing we need is to spend hours on a tech call.  We were both super excited about switching over because of the speeds of the internet and the UI of the DVR but BH has always been courteous and goes out of their way to apologize and make things right.  Maybe once VZ's CS reputation shows a bit of positive trending, we'll make the switch.

Again, thanks to you that answered, it's nice to know that at least the VZ community is there if you need them.

magnusfl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I love Verizon services and love the internet and love the TV except the fact they took viva ways to remove unwanted channels but there service is from hell for me as when I added s phone to my current TV and internet they created a second phantom phone over billed us 400 dollars for a duplicate account, killed for 25/25 internet to 3/7 and took out 1/2 our channels ands took 55 hours of wrong departments and disconnects to try and get it fixed finality we had to disconnect and start a new account and just today added the TV to day and was lied to again as I demanded no box with out a display and of course all the boxes had  no displays

0 Likes
Sjpvac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it really is that bad. My sister was a verizon rep for years and told me that they push sales of a service that they don't have the proper support to handle. I have nothing but problems with my Verizon landline as every few months the service gets knocked out when a lineman goes into the box that happens to be located in my backyard. Going on line to try and get a repair order in just produces a frozen screen. I would stay away at all costs!!!

Holly1963
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And, Verizon can't bill correctly.  You have to constantly check your bill every month because they keep charging for things I did not authorize.  I am about to go back to Comcast and I'm not wild about them either, but Comcast is the lesser of the two evils.

I recommend you find another option.  🙂

grammaX5
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES, YES, YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have been trying to get one of the newer DVR's with more storage for over 1 month now.  I have spent countless hours on the phone, in the local Verizon Store, sending emails, etc.  to no avail.  The customer service is a JOKE!!!!!!!   The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing at the Customer Support level.  I have gotten a different answer to the same question on 4 different occasions concerning this new DVR and its availability. As I am typing, I am waiting for another call back from customer service in Missouri.  We have been with Verizon for over 20 years and if it wasn't for the contract that they insist starts over every time you dot an i with them we would have been gone long ago.  I am ready to pay their early termination fee (even though we have never left the service in the 20+ years we have been customers) and move on.  I HATE  VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

vanz73
Enthusiast - Level 1

only when you need to talk to someone.