Is there a way to determine volume of internet usage?
surlygrl

I have FIOS and am wondering if there is some way I can determine approximately how high (in GB) my data usage is over the course of a month.  I'm not aware of any usage caps, but am interested for my own purposes.

Thanks to anyone who can assist! 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to determine volume of internet usage?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

FiOS Does not have any bandwidth limits, but for your own personal use this may be a good solution

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to determine volume of internet usage?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're not using the Verizon-supplied ActionTec or Westell router, 3rd party routers are starting to monitor net usage as well. If it's new enough you might be able to get a tally from it as well. I run an ActionTec MI424WR Rev. D here at my home. While I do use DSL (1Mbps down, 384kbps up), I have DD-WRT loaded onto the router instead of the Verizon firmware and it keeps a daily dally of how much I use. Here's a screenshot. My router was put into service Febuary of last year, hence the first entry having only three-four days of data.

http://seansite.dyndns.org/downloads/datausage.png (Yeah, we're hogs in any ISP's eyes just because we use more than 5GB a month on a $20 connection ;D . Can't wait until they shut my DSL off and send me to HomeFusion if FiOS doesn't appear here so I can get $800+ a month Internet bills and the Cable company around here starts getting heavier with their optional capped data plans making them mandatory.)

0 Likes