Switch Account

Is there a way to determine volume of internet usage?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to determine volume of internet usage?

Message 1 of 3
(8,308 Views)

I have FIOS and am wondering if there is some way I can determine approximately how high (in GB) my data usage is over the course of a month.  I'm not aware of any usage caps, but am interested for my own purposes.

Thanks to anyone who can assist! 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Is there a way to determine volume of internet usage?

Message 2 of 3
(8,303 Views)

FiOS Does not have any bandwidth limits, but for your own personal use this may be a good solution

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Is there a way to determine volume of internet usage?

Message 3 of 3
(8,280 Views)

If you're not using the Verizon-supplied ActionTec or Westell router, 3rd party routers are starting to monitor net usage as well. If it's new enough you might be able to get a tally from it as well. I run an ActionTec MI424WR Rev. D here at my home. While I do use DSL (1Mbps down, 384kbps up), I have DD-WRT loaded onto the router instead of the Verizon firmware and it keeps a daily dally of how much I use. Here's a screenshot. My router was put into service Febuary of last year, hence the first entry having only three-four days of data.

http://seansite.dyndns.org/downloads/datausage.png (Yeah, we're hogs in any ISP's eyes just because we use more than 5GB a month on a $20 connection ;D . Can't wait until they shut my DSL off and send me to HomeFusion if FiOS doesn't appear here so I can get $800+ a month Internet bills and the Cable company around here starts getting heavier with their optional capped data plans making them mandatory.)

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.