Is there a way to port forward to a Guest Network device? Fios-G1100
HeneryH

I have a Pi that I setup for a task at my elderly Mother's house.  Rather than change her WiFi credentials I just set up the Guest WiFi to mimic my own personal WiFi.  The reason I did this is that I setup the Pi at my home on my WiFi and when I take it to her house I need it to connect to her network on power-up.  I can only change her credentials or setup guest.

Anyway, now I want to port forward to that Pi.

I think I might be stuck.

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to port forward to a Guest Network device? Fios-G1100
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I doubt it can do that. I have two solutions for you. First, maybe try to connect the Pi to the G1100 via Ethernet? This increases connection stability also.

Or, buy a cheap access point like WCB3000N (Fios Network Extender Gen 1, $18 on Ebay). You can get two WLANs on this device, one 2.4Ghz and one 5GHz.

If you need instructions to setup the extender, please do ask.

0 Likes
HeneryH

The problem is that it is a Pi-Zero-W with no ethernet port.  Only WiFi.

I might need to bring it back home to my house so that it gets on my home network, ssh into it and change the wifi settings, reboot and....  when I take it to my Mom's again hope that I typed the ssid/key in correctly.

Don't really want to set up a separate network at this point but thanks for the option.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, the WCB3000N will be bridged with the existing network. You are technically not setting up two networks. This option still opens for you if you are interested,

0 Likes