Re: Issue connecting to samsung download site
ravioli
Enthusiast - Level 3

On another thought ... what are your DNS server settings?

0 Likes
mrcleannyc

The CNET forum i've been following is here:

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-4_102-0.html?threadID=394617 &tag=unsubscribeForm;tracked-disc

Not one person has gotten a good answer from Samsung.  Verizon support has given us a ton of information and it all points to a Samsung issue, details can be found in the forum string.

I only wish i saved the boxes for my TV and DVD player, i'd have returned them both by now.  it's really unfortunate.

Good Luck,

Mr Clean

0 Likes
rslick8

I live in Temecula and have the same set up and problem as you

0 Likes
theinfluencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can not connect as well and I can assure you it's something with the FIOS network. I am in NY and couldn't be more frustrated with this issue and a 2nd issue of access to Samsung's Internet TV.

I have found a work around getting access to the download center and that's why I know it's something on FIOS firewall or routing table. I got around the issue by finding a free proxy server and using that to get to the download center and get the firmware and Samsung media manager.

Verizon DOESNT and WONT support any device that doesn't fall into PC's with their networking and claim they don't or won't support Samsungs internet TV. I believe that FIOS is blocking access to the Samsung Widgets and internet TV because basically FIOS has the same products including a media manager for your music.

The front line support is clueless to any support issues with Samsung or it's internet TV's or the download center which I specifically am having issues with.

The support team wanted to reset my router and attempt  to resolve the issue thinking it's a local router issue rather the wide area network routing issue and possible firewall issue. I told them NOT to touch my router or reset anything!

Level 2 or 3 support needs to be brought into this problem and examine the issue from a wide area network view rather then concentrating on the local customer.

In addition you are never provided a ticket number or incident number so you have nothing to point back to or even post in a forum for support.

Yes I'm upset because I just dropped close to 2700.00 on 3D TV (55" LED) and Blue Ray (wireless) player that basically doesn't work using Samsung's internet TV and FIOS being inflexible to resolve the issue because it's not a PC. I would hate to think that FIOS is doing this to promote their own products and block access to Netflix and other items that Samsung offers. I'd be willing to work this out with FIOS but the support doesn't even acknowledge the facts or the reports on CNET or even here.

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

theinfluencer

Where in NY are you from?  I live on Long island and have no problem connecting to the Samsung site.  My LED TV connects via wireless and my Blue Ray Player connects via a wired connection.  As a matter of fact the BR Player is currently downloading an update.  

Its very strange why this works for some and not others.

0 Likes
theinfluencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in Westchester. Can you run Sansung Internet TV? Or Netflix or any of the widgets? It's mixed on the download center for sure that's why I know it's the routing table.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not a Verizon FiOS "firewall" problem actually because the packets can find their way "to" the Samsung site and there are numerous FiOS customers which don't have the issue. 

The problem is most likely either an asymetric route or route filtering error on the packet path "from" the Samsung site.   Either the packets are entering the Samsung location via one firewall and trying to return via another (asymetric path) or can't find the route to the Verizon site  (wchi could be cause by Samsung using a default route path into a provider which in turn is filtering out certain routes.

The key here is that you need someone on the Samsung side who is willing to do a trace or two from their location so that you can see the return path from the server to a specific system which is experiencing the issue.   With that information in hand you can then quickly figure out "who" has to fix "what".   At the moment, from what I've heard, no one's been able to find a network engineer at the Samsung side who's willing to do that.

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

On the TV I can press the Internet Button on my remote and the widgets load.  I opened blockbuster and youtube.

On the BR Player I can connect to Pandora and play music from that site.

Like I said earlier I even updated my BR player to the latest code available.  I did that by pressing software update and it found one available.  I did the same on the TV but it said no updates available.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Since you cannot get anything to load are you even certain you are online?  Can you ping the TV/BR Player from a PC?  

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Could this be an IP addressing block on Samsungs side? I know that Verizon just (in the last 6-8 months) purchased a large block of new IP addresses. There were several cases where that block (dont remember which one) used to belong to an ISP that had a bunch of spammers and hackers on it and those IP's were being blocked by many web servers. Maybe those that are having issues getting to samsung are on the same block?

How about those that are having issues post the first part of their IP.  (I.E.  96.178.x.x) We would only need the first two sections to know if they share a commonality or not.

0 Likes