Re: Issue connecting to samsung download site
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Have you tried to hard code the IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS?

0 Likes
theinfluencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't done that.

0 Likes
theinfluencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think not getting to the download center on a pc ( which I have) and not being able to use Internet TV via Samsung go hand and hand.

What does it take to get this discussion to a Verizon/FIOS network tech to investigate?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@theinfluencer wrote:

I think not getting to the download center on a pc ( which I have) and not being able to use Internet TV via Samsung go hand and hand.

What does it take to get this discussion to a Verizon/FIOS network tech to investigate?

Call them. They do not monitor these boards as it is a peer-to-peer help board.  But you are not likely to get any help directly from Verizon. If you can browse to other sites, they will just push it off onto Samsung. At this point I dont think it is wrong of them to do so because Samsung has admitted that they are having networking issues. But if you really want Verizon to do anything, you will have to call them and keep calling them and hope they will help.

0 Likes
theinfluencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks and I agree. I opened an online ticket because that provides with a problem ticket number which I can use in the future.

If they resolve the issue with the download center I think I'll be fine because currently I can't connect to the site with my samsung netbook or my samsung internet TV. If I go outside of the verizon network using ultra surf or using a free proxy then I can actually get to the download center. I've tried the google free DNS server that was suggested in some forums but that was unsuccessful as well.

I guess what I'd need from samsung is what site does the internet TV actually try to get to when it's connected to the network and if that site is unreachable via a PC then that is the problem. It's too bad the Samsung TV doesn't support a proxy server because I'd have a work around.

Just to make it clear Verizon will throw a contract at you whenever you try to connect anything other then a PC or MAC to FIOS.

So I am very satisfied by the technology and choices ( internet TV) but their support is in my opinion compared to Cablevision is far worse as I had similar issue with routing networking which they were able to resolve.

0 Likes
SirEbrum

I still have the same issue here in southern CA.

• I've placed my Blu-Ray, and then my PC, in the DMZ to see if it had anything to do with the Actiontec router.
  • I've called my parents in Garden Grove, CA, (~50 miles away), and while they do not have a Samsung device, they too cannot get to the downloads (i.e. the Users Guide, Firmware, etc.).
  • I've created and used an OpenDNS account, setting it in the router, but there is no difference.
  • All internal diagnostics in the Blu-Ray show I have a valid MAC, IP, gateway, and that I'm connected to the internet (wired or wireless).  I can ping the player.

Working in Technical Support for a major storage vendor for the last 10 years, I can safely say that Verizon's support structure is very offensive.  Level 1 says "sorry" and I cant get to any other person, engineer, or even get a second opinion on my probleml.  I'm then told to "Go to the forums....thats where our Engineers are!....they monitor the forums all the time", and all I get is a comment from a Verizon rep that I'm doing the right thing by going to Samsung.

I'm very disappointed in both Verizon and in Samsung and cannot believe that they wont even look into the problem that multiple people are reporting.

- Sad in CA

0 Likes
theinfluencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am still pursuing the issue. I called verizion today and mentioned again that this is an issue several points here :

1) Verizon support desk doesn't have any database search that indicates this is a problem

2) Tech said he does not have access to these forums at work.

3)  Based on all the information the issue is specific to each area and is not regional

4) I was able to get my issue over to level 2 support and the networking group.

I think that it's important that this problem be kept alive in this forum since it's grown to the point whereas it comes up in google searchs. I continue to believe that this a verizon issue since I can go outside of the verizon network and reach the download center itself.

I asked for a turn around time on the ticket I opened and was told that if I don't here anything within two weeks that I should call and follow-up with my problem ticket.

Please continue with the comments and calling Verzion if you having issues with your Samsung equipment.

0 Likes
theinfluencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I work in desktop and trading support and the ironic thing is that I moved away from Cablevision to FIOS because I thought FIOS was on the cutting edge of technology.

0 Likes
Can't connect to Samsung's Internet@tv
kdc

I'm trying to connect to Samsung's Internet@tv using a wireless connection.  When I do a network connection test it indicates I am connected, but when I go to internet@tyv it says i'm not connected.  I called Samsung and they suggested i talk to Verizon and that Verizon was blocking the domain.  How do I fix that?

0 Likes
theinfluencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am submitting a report to the FTC as possibly the FCC because of the problem with Verizon and Samsung. The main issue I have is the non-responsive behavior or Verizon to even acknowledge the problem.

I believe also they could be blocking the product to prevent people from accessing competing services through Verizon. Either way they are going to have to respond to this inquiry rather then the double talk and denial from tech support.

0 Likes