Re: Issue reaching several websites
epcotctr

Long Island / Nassau County... Still experiencing this issue.  

Definitely an issue in the Manhattan area as "nycmny" is a partial CLLI code for a Manhattan central office location.   

traceroute: Warning: www.pandora.com has multiple addresses; using 208.85.40.50
traceroute to www.pandora.com (208.85.40.50), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
1 wireless_broadband_router (192.168.1.1) 0.622 ms 0.334 ms 0.322 ms
2 l100.nycmny-vfttp-136.verizon-gni.net (173.68.102.1) 6.989 ms 6.985 ms 7.352 ms
3 g2-0-7-1236.nycmny-lcr-12.verizon-gni.net (130.81.129.78) 7.725 ms 6.778 ms 7.235 ms
4 *

0 Likes
disneymom99

Do we need to call verizon about this problem or are they aware of it? Ive had the same problem since last night.

0 Likes
dasblinkenlight
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am seeing the same issue in Greenwich, CT.

Ping from Verizon's router to 72.21.81.253 fails; tracert dies on the verizon's side:

G3-0-6-1254.NYCMNY-LCR-12.verizon-gni.net [130.81.139.38]

Verizon admins monitoring this forum, could you please provide an update regarding the outage and a rough ETA for the fix?

0 Likes
mikoroshi

I'm experiencing the same issues (Rockland County NY) since yesterday evening; now tracerts I do on sites I'm having trouble with are actually completing but the sites still do not load in IE, FF, or Chrome following ipconfig /flushdns, rebooting router etc. etc.

I've spoken with friends in the area with FIOS and they're experiencing the same issues.

0 Likes
epcotctr

disneymom99 - i called vzn this morning and received an automated message saying that my area is experiencing a service outage and that they are aware of it.  tried to get an actual person on the phone but got tired of waiting so i gave up...  looks like they are aware of the issue though.  

0 Likes
Jakomcbean

I did the chat thing with service this AM from work. They told me it was a regional issue and were aware of it. 

0 Likes
dareelbig1

This is kind of ridiculous. I have bills to pay and this is causing me HUGE problems. Verizon needs to give status updates and fix these issues ASAP

0 Likes
SuBDivisions
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can CONFIRM this is an internal FiOS issue.. Here in my office i have dual ISP (Fios 50/20 & Optonline Boost 35/5)...  When trying to hit certain website on fios, they are stalling and timing out.. Swith the gateway to Cablevision, they immedatley come up and work.. 

So fir right now i switched my users gateway to my cable router IP instead of the main Fios IP for now, but will monitor this thread so when its resolved ill switch them back.

This is also effecting our Email Routing, as certain sites are bouncing back undeliverable our business email.

Not good.

0 Likes
DJToman

Several websites are unreachable inc;uding NYTimes.com. Pinging shows anything to the northeast dead, including mit.edu, harvard.edu and dartmouth.edu. Cant reach Netflix or many sites on the west coast...but pinging csiro.au (Australia) works. Looks like an external network problem. I'm in Westchester County.

0 Likes
SLR2004

I live in Nassau County Long Island and I have been experiencing the same issue since yesterday Smiley Sad. There a many websites that I cannot access. I really hope that this issue is fixed soon.

0 Likes