Issue routing to PSE&G website from Trenton, NJ
kkbarge

I've been having an issue reaching PSE&G's (www.pseg.com) website through FIOS.  I've tried several things and been in contact with Tier-1 support and they have not resolved the issue.  This has been ongoing for approximately the last 2-3 months.

I've tried multiple devices and multiple browsers.  I've tried using google's DNS service in place of Verizon's.

I am able to access the website over Sprint Cellular Data Network or when connected to a VPN.

This is the tracert information:

Tracing route to pseg.com [162.22.250.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
2 8 ms 8 ms 9 ms L100.CMDNNJ-VFTTP-28.verizon-gni.net [96.248.124.1]
3 11 ms 10 ms 9 ms G2-0-2-428.CMDNNJ-LCR-04.verizon-gni.net [130.81.110.60]
4 9 ms 9 ms 11 ms so-4-0-2-0.PHIL-BB-RTR2.verizon-gni.net [130.81.29.38]
5 38 ms 28 ms 54 ms xe-1-1-8-0.NWRK-BB-RTR2.verizon-gni.net [130.81.23.115]
6 14 ms 16 ms 14 ms xe-1-0-4-0.NWRK-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.19.2]
7 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms 0.so-7-0-0.XL3.EWR6.ALTER.NET [152.63.19.177]
8 16 ms 14 ms 16 ms TenGigE0-4-0-2.GW5.EWR6.ALTER.NET [152.63.23.78]

9 19 ms 19 ms 22 ms pseg-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.185.234]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.

I believe this is an issue with routing on Verizon's network and Tier-2 support is needed to resolve the issue.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Issue routing to PSE&G website from Trenton, NJ
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I agree it looks like a routing problem,  these are usually out of date BOGON Filters at the website end.  

I bet if you do this it will get you a new ip and a new route.

Actiontec MI424-WR  
1 Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.
2 Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.
3 Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.
4 Click SETTINGS
5 Click RELEASE
6 Click APPLY
7 Disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease.

Leave it disconnected for AT LEAST 5 minutes preferably 10 and then reconnect it.

If you reconnect it too fast, it will grab the same route, same IP and you will be in the same boat.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm able to get to www.pseg.com from Bucks County, PA; not that far from Trenton.  So we know at least some parts of the FiOS network have no problem.  My tracert is below, and looks similar to yours.  I'm able to reach the web site and browse it without a problem.

Maybe you've got a browser configuration problem.  Have you tried from a different computer or different browser?

Good Luck!

C:\Users\gs0b>tracert www.pseg.com

Tracing route to pseg.com [162.22.250.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
  2    15 ms     6 ms     6 ms  L100.PHLAPA-VFTTP-84.verizon-gni.net [98.114.194
.1]
  3    10 ms     8 ms    10 ms  G0-13-1-3.PHLAPA-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net [130.81.
212.222]
  4    10 ms     9 ms     9 ms  130.81.199.20
  5    18 ms    11 ms     9 ms  0.so-7-0-0.XL4.PHL6.ALTER.NET [152.63.3.81]
  6    30 ms    29 ms    16 ms  0.xe-2-1-0.XL4.EWR6.ALTER.NET [152.63.5.110]
  7    17 ms    21 ms    17 ms  TenGigE0-5-0-2.GW5.EWR6.ALTER.NET [152.63.23.98]

8    18 ms    19 ms    19 ms  pseg-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.185.234]
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

0 Likes
blkitlstl

Thanks for the responses.

This is an issue I was working on for a family member and I went through resetting the router and getting a new IP address with Verizon support  multiple times to no avail.

I know it is not an issue with the PC as I can reproduce the error on multiple devices/browsers when connecting through FIOS at their home.  I can also get the issue to go away by either logging into a VPN or using a different data network (cellular for example).

I suspect that the issue is localized and only affecting a small area because I was able to access PSE&Gs website from a friends place in Ewing, NJ, who has FIOS, on a device that I am unable to access their website from in Trenton.

After about the third time contacting support I was told a ticket would be opened up with Tier-2 support to address the issues but as of today it still hasn't been resolved even though a call to my family member indicated that it should be.

0 Likes
Zonko1

For what it's worth, I'm having the exact same problem, though I'm located in Ewing, NJ where the original poster said s/he didn't have the problem.  I've reset the router several times, to no avail.  If I take my (laptop) computer to a different network, I can get to PSEG.com with no problems.  Also, if I'm at home and make a VPN connection to work, pseg.com comes up fine.  Do you have a ticket number I can refer to when I call?  Maybe that would speed up resolution for us both.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Go to https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/

If you can get to the site through the megaproxy above, then your ip is being blocked.  

Do the following again but make sure after hitting release to disconnect the power and leave disconnect for AT LEAST 5 minutes, maybe even more. 

Actiontec MI424-WR  
1 Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.
2 Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.
3 Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.
4 Click SETTINGS
5 Click RELEASE
6 Click APPLY
7 Disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease.

Leave it disconnected for AT LEAST 5 minutes preferably 10 and then reconnect it.

If you reconnect it too fast, it will grab the same route, same IP and you will be in the same boat.

blkitlstl
Verizon has been useless in getting this resolved. My mom is still having the same issue connecting to the PSEG website. I also sent an email to PSE&G's webmaster when I originally looked into this problem but never got any reply. I'm in town visiting again and plan on calling Verizon again to see if I can get this resolved. I don't have/recall a ticket number though hopefully other people running into this issue will find this thread.
0 Likes
blkitlstl
This was tried multiple times with Verizon support and having them ensure a new IP was issued and it didn't resolve the issue. I believe they have a routing issue on their network that needs to be resolved to fix this problem. This means the problem needs to be raised higher up the support chain but they've refused to do it for some reason.
0 Likes