Issue that needs to be addressed...
jcornetta

Alright,

Switched to Verizon FiOS in December and TV and Phone have been excellent. One problem... The internet is terrible. Yes. I'm going to rant about the internet. Router that is supplied is low quality and what's the point of high speed internet when the signal is not good enough to deliever it! Next room over I get half the signal and speed is depleted!

Youtube is another problem. Comcast 25/5 plan could handle 1080p videos and with the 75/35 internet speed I have now can't even handle 240p video. Hooked right up to the router with an ethernet cable and speedtest.net is telling me I have 75/35 speed. With a 75/35 speed don't you think it can handle at least a 240p video clip? Constant buffering all the time. It's not Google. Worked great with Comcast. Common denominator is Verizon FiOS.

Many other people are having issues with YouTube and the supplied router and it needs to be addressed.

0 Likes
Re: Issue that needs to be addressed...
destiny57

The last time I was on verizon web site. I recieved a pop up message to down load a java script.Stated I had to have it to procede with reinstalling  verizon agent. My virus protector says it is a malicious down load.I try and try to uninstall the java with no success. This has caused numerous crashes to my PC. Also when trying to up load or down load from you tube. It runs really slow. I am running microsoft security esentials. and will copy paste the java info. Also why does it cost 10 dollars a month for Macafees full protection from verizon when it is half that when purchased online or from a retail store?

Also when it rains the computer goes down.Never had that problem with Comcast.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also try this, before the advanced steps from the article.

Having a YouTube Slow Loading problem?

0 Likes