12-08-2021 05:28 AM
Within the 30 days I have been unable to connect my 2.4Ghz only devices (a Kindle Gen 10 paperwhite and a HP Laptop running Windows 10) via WiFi though my G3100 router. The devices can see the network and it shows full signal until I attempt to connect and then it shows the signal drop to zero or it gives me a message that it can't connect to this network. All of my 5 Ghz capable devices are connecting without any issue.
Up to this point I have tried the following steps:
1. Ensured that the drivers and firmware are up to date.
2. Restarted my router.
3. Reviewed settings of devices to ensure they are properly set for 2.4Ghz connections.
4. Reset 2.4Ghz devices to factory settings.
5. Turned off SON and set up different SSIDs for the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz bands.
6. Added the MAC addresses for the 2.4Ghz devices to the Whitelist for the 2.4Ghz channel.
None of the above changes have corrected the issue.
Any suggestions as to the next steps before I contact customer support are welcome. I know I should have contacted them by now but I have not had the time to be on the phone that long.
Solved! Go to Solution.