Switch Account

Issue with SON Setting and Extenders

Issue with SON Setting and Extenders

Contributor ZeroCool
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(129 Views)

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all having a Happy and safe Thanksgiving.

I am been having some issues with my overall internet performance with my fios network extenders that I was hoping someone could help with.

* How many FIOS network extenders are you allowed on your FIOS network? I have the latest FIOS Gateway Router and the latest FIOS MOCA extenders - I have a total of 4 extenders throughout the house

* Issue with SON setting - I know this is supposed to bond the EXT frequencies from the extenders into the main router name - and then it determines whether 2.4 or 5 ghz perfomance. When turning on from the FIOS page I get an error but refresh page and shows it is enabled - however it feels like my overall internet performance is worse...

* I turn SON off and I connect to the EXT frequency and stand next to one of my extenders... I would expect a full signal but my phone shows 2-3 bars and when I do a network performance I might get 250 mbs... sometimes 100.. or it goes down to 50 mb.. I would expect closer to around 250 mb or higher given i am standing right next to the extender I am conenct to.

I have tried resetting the ONT multiple times as well as the main router but it doesnt seem to do much.

Any help would be appreciated as I am scratching my head as given the extenders all enabled via MOCA I would expect full house coverage.

Maybe the better answer is to go with the new router + extenders.. but that is a 700+ investment etc..

Thanks

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.