Issues with install
NAF2

Hi all,

I ordered FIOS Double (Internet+TV). The install was supposed to be last Friday.

The techs came (an hour late), started to work on the wiring when they told me that they can't complete the install.

Here is the issue:

I live in a building complex that has 4 buildings attached. I live in building "C". Each building has its own FIOS box in the basement that is connected to a smaller box on each floor and from there they pull cables to each apartment.

For some reason, my apartment was updated in the Verizon system to be in the "B" building. So when they want to install FIOS in my apartment, they couldn't connect it to the box that is right outside my apartment.

I asked them if they can connect me to the "B" building, but they said the box is more than 75 feet and they can't do it. They said the engineer needs to update the settings in the system and then I can reschedule.

Of course the engineers don't work over the weekend, so no one can fix this issue. So every time I call Verizon, they say "we don't know when we can reschedule". They try to go on the internal chat with people that should know the status. Yesterday I gave up after 45 minutes that the representative waited for the chat to respond. Today it was 25 minutes when she said "We have no response yet, I will call you back when I get an answer".

Now, I lost my apartment in the Hurricane, so I had to move to a new place. I am already a month without TV/Internet. I only managed to move in the new place and open an order with Verizon on the 15th. So as for Verizon I am only waiting 2 weeks. But I really need internet for work and my kids are going crazy wihthout TV.

Should I:

1. Wait for Verizon to call me to let me know they fixed their screw up in the system.

2. Call Verizon every day until they manage to find someone who has the answer.

3. Give up and go with TWC who can install this Friday.

What do you think?

Thank you all!

NAF

0 Likes