Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

It's slower to open websites in China after I upgrade my internet speed to 50 M fios

yujia0926
Contributor
Contributor

It's slower to open websites in China after I upgrade my internet speed to 50 M fios

Message 1 of 4
(1,139 Views)

Hi, all:

I am a loyal customer of Verizon and have been using Verizon's FIOS  product for over three years. Recently, I upgrade my network speed to 50 M ( I only have Verizon's internet service). The speed for the websites in America indeed increased. However, the speed to open websites in China was decreased. Since I don't remember when this slow speed issue began to happen, I am not quite sure if this issue relates to the plan change. Anybody here suffers the same problem that I am having?

It looks like it's not the hardware's problem after I tried several different computers. I suppose some routing table changed on the baseline router. Am I right?

Any comments will be appreciated. thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
boss434
Contributor
Contributor

Re: It's slower to open websites in China after I upgrade my internet speed to 50 M fios

Message 2 of 4
(1,101 Views)

Verizon just sucks ....lets face it

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: It's slower to open websites in China after I upgrade my internet speed to 50 M fios

Message 3 of 4
(1,080 Views)

What could have happened when your speed was upgraded, is your IP address could have changed. In a handful of cases this can give you a different route to the same place. For example, you could route through some different routers in the same general location, or you could be hitting a different server on the website end of things, if they use a CDN.

To start, could you supply some trace routes to us so we can get an idea of what is performing slowly? Sina Weibo or some other website should work fine if you don't want to share traces to the sites you're visiting for security reasons (eg: work network).

garukun
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(943 Views)

I am seeing the same problem. Connections to chinese websites are super slow. I spend hours talking to verizon reps, they are claiming nothing is wrong on their end. This is very frustrating. I'm also having the 50/25mb speed plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title