It's slower to open websites in China after I upgrade my internet speed to 50 M fios
yujia0926

Hi, all:

I am a loyal customer of Verizon and have been using Verizon's FIOS  product for over three years. Recently, I upgrade my network speed to 50 M ( I only have Verizon's internet service). The speed for the websites in America indeed increased. However, the speed to open websites in China was decreased. Since I don't remember when this slow speed issue began to happen, I am not quite sure if this issue relates to the plan change. Anybody here suffers the same problem that I am having?

It looks like it's not the hardware's problem after I tried several different computers. I suppose some routing table changed on the baseline router. Am I right?

Any comments will be appreciated. thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: It's slower to open websites in China after I upgrade my internet speed to 50 M fios
boss434

Verizon just sucks ....lets face it

0 Likes
Re: It's slower to open websites in China after I upgrade my internet speed to 50 M fios
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What could have happened when your speed was upgraded, is your IP address could have changed. In a handful of cases this can give you a different route to the same place. For example, you could route through some different routers in the same general location, or you could be hitting a different server on the website end of things, if they use a CDN.

To start, could you supply some trace routes to us so we can get an idea of what is performing slowly? Sina Weibo or some other website should work fine if you don't want to share traces to the sites you're visiting for security reasons (eg: work network).

0 Likes
garukun

I am seeing the same problem. Connections to chinese websites are super slow. I spend hours talking to verizon reps, they are claiming nothing is wrong on their end. This is very frustrating. I'm also having the 50/25mb speed plan.

0 Likes