Just a quick queston about wireless network.
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

Is it possible to run 2 wireless network, one from my actiontec and one from a netgear router because the actiontec

wireless speed sucks but its good for keeping my iphone connected and also my wireless desktop but my laptop and my

wireless desktop and my 2 iphones and 2 android devices arent getting good enough speed I also hate bridging the 2nd

ps3 in my house because It can't connect to wireless N network by the actiontec because I put in performance mode but

that doesn't help my laptop or my wireless desktop in speed. That really bugs me because I am lagging on youtube

because of the actiontec rev I(which is suppose to be better but not) so can I just open 2 wireless network, one provided

by netgear and one provided by the actiontec router huh or will it jut complicate it because two wireless network are open inside the same home right next to each other.

0 Likes
Re: Just a quick queston about wireless network.
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can run two WiFi networks.

Given your description, I suggest you give each a separate SSID and have the operate on separate channels.  Then, you can easily pick which one you want your devices to connect to.

If you want devices on each network to be able to see each other, you need to configure the secondary router to operate as a WiFi access point, not a router.  You could also purchase an access point.  They key difference is to disable DHCP, NAT, and other routing functions so the router acts as a bridge only while the primary router hands out IP addresses and controls access to the Internet.

Have Fun!

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

I don't get what your saying what I mean is to hook up my other router and have the fios router going to so 2 networks

from 2 routers, of course I will give them different SSID but will it work since they will be near each other both will

be broadcasting wifi networks.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Set them to different channels.

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

Nevermind I disabled the verizon router yet again what a waste of $91 I will never get back. That is the last thing I buy from

verizon because there router isn't even as good as they say and the tech person lied to me when he said I can return it for

30 days partly my fault for not reading FAQ but that guy shouldn't have lied to me before I bought it though. Back to my old

netgear router which I got back my old download and upload that was promised to me but never could achieve it with the actiontec router.

0 Likes