Just got Fios. Tech Put Router in Garage. Need Moved ASAP
Ferdi-Ferd

I just got Fios Hooked up no less then 24hrs ago and i got an email noticed that my bill has changed. I noticed a WiFi Extended was added. I asked the tech to put the router in the house. And i was told OK. I was thinking it would be done. But nope. I don't need a WiFi-Extender if the router was put where i told it was going to be. The WI-Fi Exteneder is an extra $10 in rent fees.

So in short terms i need the router moved from the Garage in to the house. I don't know about everyone else. But who has a router in the garage.

I didn't think i would have to watch over a grown man as they work to make sure that the router was put into the house.

0 Likes
Re: Just got Fios. Tech Put Router in Garage. Need Moved ASAP
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is you internet speed? If it is over 100 mbps then you will need ethernet wiring from the garage to where you want the router. 
If this requires fishing walls you will need an electrician or contractor. Verizon isn't required to fish walls. If that's not an issue, then call Verizon and tell them to send another tech out to run the ethernet. 

0 Likes
Ferdi-Ferd

They will need to drill a hole the cinderblock to get into the basment. The chat bot is useless for help.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Ferdi-Ferd wrote:

They will need to drill a hole the cinderblock to get into the basment. The chat bot is useless for help.

I believe they can do the drilling. They wanted to do that at my mother in laws house. She didn't want her home foundation drilled into and told them no thanks.

you must also be careful verizon does not charge you for that reservice call. Get everything in writing, have a second person with you as a witness. You must take measures as to not get dinged for that service call.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Much better than phone, often better than chat.

There may be a charge to run the Ethernet.  You are most likely better off running it yourself or hiring your own contractor.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ferdi-Ferd wrote:

Running the ethernet is part of the installation charge. Call 1-800-VERIZON and tell them the tech didn't do the work and installed an extender instead. They shouldn't charge you for work they never completed in the first place. 

Drilling through block shouldn't be an issue, but the techs are not required fish walls so keep that in mind. 

0 Likes