Re: Just ordered a fios router GigE and wonder if I am suppose to get an email soon.
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

My netgear router isnt dual band and I didn't even have to touch anything to get my full speed wireless. What happens to your other wireless device if they only had B+G will they not connect or something?

0 Likes
Re: Just ordered a fios router GigE and wonder if I am suppose to get an email soon.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you already have a 300 Mbps B+G+N router, then I definetely would.  That Actiontec is single radio, so it maxes out at 160 Wireless n.

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

How do you return it if you bought online from teleproducts?

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayDetails

Right now I am on tech support with a verizon person trying to return it. They should say all sells are final before you buy it not email you after you make the payment, I feel cheated out of my money and trying to get a refund right now.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

look at the paper work you received, there should be special instructions for returning it. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@skyliner34 wrote:

My netgear router isnt dual band and I didn't even have to touch anything to get my full speed wireless. What happens to your other wireless device if they only had B+G will they not connect or something?

You are correct, the B/G devices will not connect. I have my router set for N Performance mode and my old laptop with B/G only will not connect, I have to use it wired to connect to the internet. But everything else I have does have N support, cell, TV, and the laptop I use most of the time, so I have chosen the N Performance mode for best performance.

Verizon offers a speed testing site where you can get some details of what it sees as your bottleneck, you might try running that and look at the details to see if anything jumps out. And of course you can post the results here for others to see.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Oh goodness, I never noticed this at their store. 

A. All sales made on the FiOS Accessories Store website are final. If the products you purchase from the FiOS Accessories Store are damaged when they arrive, or if they don't work, you may inquire about replacing them by contacting our support team at 888-553-1555.

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

There is no paperwork that says such instructions and the guy I spoke to way before I ordered this said I have a 30 day return so either hes lieing or the sells person is lying to me.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Well that copy and paste I did was from their website FAQ.  

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

Either I am being lied again or I don't know because the verizon guy said he is sending me a return slip that it will arrive in 2 business days and that I will get my money back after verizon receives the item.

EDIT: I just called verizon again to make sure he said I can't get my money back so what the hack why did that guy lied to me and what will happen if I get that return slip if I didn't return it?

0 Likes