Just upgraded my internet speed and had a couple of questions
Lobra

Hi. I just got off the phone with Verizon and upgraded my internet speed from 25 to 75, and switched from triple play to double play (removed the TV). Anyways, it was late, and I was tired. I went through a 30 minute conversation with someone that led nowhere and had to call back to talk to someone else, who ended up helping me. Anyways, I completely forgot to ask a lot of important & obvious questions. Does upgraded from 25 to 75 get me a new router? If so, when will it come? And will I have to return my old router? When will I get the boxes to return my set top boxes? And Will I have to include the remotes and wires with it too? Also, since it was never mentioned, I assume no one has to come to my apartment to set up service for the faster internet, correct?

I know these are all things I should have asked on the phone, but it's too late now I think, as Verizon's phone support closed for the day. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. I know I asked a lot of questions so I apologize.

Edit: I also want to use my own router, will i have to call verizon to do this? I have a MI424WR router set to Coax WAN. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Re: Just upgraded my internet speed and had a couple of questions
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Lobra wrote:

Does upgraded from 25 to 75 get me a new router?

What revision of the Actiontec do you currently have?

Lobra wrote:

And Will I have to include the remotes and wires with it too?

No

Lobra wrote:

Also, since it was never mentioned, I assume no one has to come to my apartment to set up service for the faster internet, correct?

Correct.

Lobra wrote:

I also want to use my own router, will i have to call verizon to do this? I have a MI424WR router set to Coax WAN.

Yes, you have to call VZ to have your ONT switched from coax to cat5.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15990

Lobra

Thanks for the help :). How do i check which revision of the MI424WR i have?

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@Lobra wrote:

Thanks for the help :). How do i check which revision of the MI424WR i have?

It's on the label attached to the router.  The rev is the letter after the MI424WR.

0 Likes
Lobra

Sorry for the late reply. It's Revision F.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

The latest version Actiontec at this time is the Rev l. 

Verizon will not volunteer to send you a new router as part of your speed upgrade.   If your existing router isn't functioning properly they might send you a replacement, and that might be a Rev l model.

As for your earlier question about using your own router...if you want to use another router in addtion to the Actiontec no change from Verizon is necessary.  But if you want to use another router primary, then you do need to contact Verizon to change your ONT connection from coax to Ethernet, as Anti-Phish said above.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Lobra wrote:

Edit: I also want to use my own router, will i have to call verizon to do this? I have a MI424WR router set to Coax WAN. Thanks again!

You don't need the Actiontec router any more as you no longer have tv service.

Request VZ to switch your provisioning to ethernet then toss the actiontec and connect your own router.