Just when I thought the service couldn't get any worse...
mgshn

I "upgraded" to 150Mb fios last September.  Since then I've experienced consistent Internet service interruptions.

My calls to Verizon service tech support have been met with their replacing my router, ONT box, and continued assurances the issue would be resolved quickly.  The latest time consuming interaction occurred this morning when their tech support engineer told me they would be working on the problem today.

Now I don't have phone dial tone.  Could that be related to either verizon trying to fix the problem or perhaps some tech support guy being a bit vindictive?

I'm also wondering how much longer it will be, beyond the 30 minutes I've aloready been sitting on hold, before I can talk to someone at Verizon about the phone issue. 

0 Likes
Re: Just when I thought the service couldn't get any worse...
GuessWho002

Same here.  I upgraded awhile back to HS and have had problems with drops.  However, it has become much worse.  While watching a movie(s)  from Amazon.com via Roku (wireless connection).  The connection some time slows down until the movie freezes and I have to go out and return.  Most of the time the connection just drops.  I get a message from the Roku player to check my connection.  I try several times without success.  Then I notice the Internet connection light just goes out.  Turn off/on the router "hope" the Internet light comes back on.  After severe power off/power on it might stay on. 

I had to do this so many times last night I just gave up watching the movie.  I ended up connecting the Roku directly to the router with a cable.  This worked better but the connection still went down twice.  Very, very frustrating.  I hesitate calling Tech Support  because their "send a signal" very seldom works.  Then they offer to send out a tech (with me possibly getting charged).  Finally, the noise on my phones (yes using the filter on both) is so bad along with the "false rings" I just unplug the phones.    

0 Likes