Keep losing internet connection every night past month
hoyu23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before I start, I've been using Fios internet for the past 3 years. I never had any internet problems until last month. I think my problem started around Oct 21. I notice when I wake up every morning that my internet is not working. The internet light on my router turns orange. I think it happens after midnight because I usually sleep around that time. The only way my internet can work is when I call Verizon to fix it. At first, I had the automated Verizon bot to reconnect my internet. That worked for awhile until I got sick of calling every day.

On Oct 29, I talk to a live agent over the phone.  The agent did series of tests and he said there's some sort of signal problem from my router. So he schedule a technician to come to my house on Oct 31. The technician actually called me on Oct 29 and ask if he can come right now. So I said yes. check the boxes and couldn't find anything wrong. Instead, he install a new router for me. That worked fine for about 7 days and then I had the same problem again.

So I called Verizon again. I think this was on Nov 5. I told the agent about my problem and she think it could be the cable not connected tightly. I check both ends of the cable and they are secured pretty tight. She had me unplug everything in back of my router and then plug them in one at a time. The internet worked again for 1 day. So the next day (Nov 7?) I chatted online with a live agent from work. I ask if he can send a technician to my house and he said there will be a charge. I'm like what? He said since I'm not home, he could not do anything. Instead he will have his manager call me when I get home. When I got home the internet was working and his manager did call me around 6pm. He ask is everything working ok and I said yes.

Then next morning came and the stupid internet went down again. I called Verizon again (Nov 😎 and the agent sent another technician to my house on Sunday Nov 10.  When he arrived, my internet was working. Since everything was working, he said he can't really do anything. So he left. Couple days later, my internet went down again and I had to call Verizon to get it working again. I spoke to a live agent on Nov 14. The agent thinks it could be the router, so he mailed me a new one. I just received my new router yesterday and I hope there's no more problems.

Anyway, I'm so frustrated and angry with Verizon. For almost 30 days, I've been having internet connection problems.

I'm paying $35/month for this Fios internet and I think I should get some sort of credit for this. Does anyone know who I should complain to?

0 Likes
Re: Keep losing internet connection every night past month
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hoyu23,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Keep losing internet connection every night past month
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello hoyu23,

Glad we could get your service fixed and get you credited. Let us know if you ever need help with anything else in a new public post.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes