Kindle Detects Verizon DSL Signal but will not connect.
skip77

I have a Verizon D-Link ADSL2+ Router and was hoping to connect to the internet with a new Kindle tablet. On the first power up with Kindle, it walked me thru the connection process - finding several signals including the one from my router. I entered the PW written on the router label and the login failed. Then I entered the WEP Key and the login failed. I have been all over Verizon's website trying to find out if I changed the password for the rouhter when I hooked it up a few months ago - have not been able to find the actual username and pw for the router connection. My questions are:

1. How can I find the current username and pw for the router and therefore the signal?

2. Will the Kindle tablet connect via my Verizon SDL router or do I need a wifi router added?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Kindle Detects Verizon DSL Signal but will not connect.
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Do you have FIOS?  I have to ask because VZ does use D-Link VDSL modems is certain MDU installs.

What is the model number of the modem/router?

The username and password for logging into the router are different from the wireless passphrase.

If you don't know what the username and password is for logging into the router, you will need to do a hard reset on the router.

0 Likes