Kindle Fire
rebyl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone had a problem with setting up a Kindle Fire. My Kindle Fire will connect

to the internet but when I try to download a book from Amazon it won't download unless

I go to a public wifi spot. I have called Amazon support and Verizon support. No one has

been able to resolve this issue. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kindle Fire
rebyl1
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Hokiedad2
Contributor - Level 1

Are you getting an error of some sort?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you able to actually browse the Internet on the Kindle Fire, or are you simply stating that it will connect to the wireless and pull an address, so it is connected?

0 Likes
rebyl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

no, my son-in-law suggested I change my router from WEP to WPA.

The Fire wouldn't download on his wifi either' he also has Verizon.

0 Likes
rebyl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is connected, I can get email, go to facebook and bring up web pages.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure if this would help any, but try toggling the Firewall off on the FiOS router. Visit http://192.168.1.1/ and click on Firewall Settings at the top of the page. See if you can set it to No Security, or Low security if it's set to anything  higher. I don't know if the Kindle downloads data over HTTP or another port/protocol off of the top of my head, but it's worth a try.

0 Likes
rebyl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks I'll try that.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
Moved for greater exposure
0 Likes
minnie1939

i just received my new kindle fire and i am trying to set itup I am having trouble with the password   i took a picture of the infor from the router   i tried the loagin password and the wpa2key    the only thing i can think of is that t im reading the loginin password wrong  very hard to read   can you help me with this

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the key on the router is hard to read, you can also get the key by logging into the router itself. Go to http://192.168.1.1/ and log into the router using the username of admin. The password to the router is typically the serial number of the router (CASE SENSITIVE!) or it will be individually printed on the router's sticker. From there, click Wireless Settings in the top navigation. This will print the key for you.

0 Likes