Krack Attack WPA2 vulnerability
agent0071
Enthusiast - Level 2

As publicised here, the WPA2 protocol is pretty much p0wn'd. Has/will Verizon be issuing a firmware update for any of their routers (specifically the quantum gateway) to address the vulnerability? If so, when? If not, why not?

Thank you

Tags (1)
Re: Krack Attack WPA2 vulnerability
rsokel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bump; need this asap.

jonjones1
Legend

1-800-VERIZON

they are the only ones that can tell you.

this is a customer to customer forum.

0 Likes
flaw in WPA2
astro48
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is all the news now,what is verizon going to offer us?

0 Likes
dlc11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I tried that.  They are not set up to field requests from their more knowledgable client base, even when chatting with Tier 1 representatives.  This is the only place I've found we can register concern about their response to such discoveries.  And then we pray that someone knowledgable within Verizon sees this and at least ensures the right people are aware of the situation and are working on it.

0 Likes
dlc11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also note the clients (laptops, cell phones) must be patched as well, but that piece of the problem is not within FiOS support's purview.

0 Likes
dlc11
Enthusiast - Level 2

This security defect is major and the scope extends way beyond a customer's LAN.  Verizon needs to patch all supported access points, not just the Quantum Gateway.

agent0071
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of 12:30 EST, Verizon has no official information to share. Given the amount of IOT devices they promote, I'm a little upset that they haven't officially acknowledged the issue yet.

jonjones1
Legend

This is a peer to peer help forum.

helping to get a firmware update or vulnerabilities patch cannot be done from here.

0 Likes
KRACK WiFi vulnerability
Ralphyg
Enthusiast - Level 1

There appears to be a very serious problem with WPA2 security.  How soon will the update for the Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I (firmware  40.21.24) router be available. 

This is an urgent and well documented problem. 

Here’s what you can do to protect yourself from the KRACK WiFi vulnerability

Serious flaw in WPA2 protocol lets attackers intercept passwords and much more

Key Reinstallation Attacks: Forcing Nonce Reuse in WPA2